agnus castus

carlyanne

Reaction score
anyone know if agnus castus is safe to use to regulate periods? i have just read a few thing saying it could make it worse? has anyone taken it and has worked?

I had really long cycles, from 55 to 100 days.
I took agnus castus the month I got my bfp and my cycle would have been 40 days, so it reduced mine.
You start it the first day of your cycle but you stop it when you ovulate, so you may need to do opk's alongside it. :)

I have heard that if you have very short cycles it can lengthen it. But most stories Ive read on here are people shortening theirs, so not sure if the lengthening bit is true.

It shortened mine last month, cycles were really long after coming off the pill but supposedly it works by regulating hormones so will shorten long cycles and lengthen short ones. Doesn't seem to have any side effects that I'm aware of so might be worth giving it a go for a cycle. As jomc says just take it till ovulation.

Completely OT but.......I always read it as angus castus not agnus castus! Sorry for the random!

From what I've read on t'internet AC works on your pituitary gland so it helps your body to regulate hormones and regulate your cycle. They may be worth a try. Google it, there's loads of info out there.

Hi,
AC works to regulate your cycles so I assume this means to shorten them if they're too long or to lengthen them if they're too short. It also encourages OV.
I got BFP the first month I used it and my periods were lasting between 50-58 days so can deffo recommend it! x

Hi,
AC works to regulate your cycles so I assume this means to shorten them if they're too long or to lengthen them if they're too short. It also encourages OV.
I got BFP the first month I used it and my periods were lasting between 50-58 days so can deffo recommend it! x

Ohh thats good it worked for you.. My cycles are all over the place :mad:.. On cd 49 now! Did you take it frome day 1 of your cycle??

Im gonna be objective here and throw my spin on it.

Itmade my cycles worse..the first three month of taking it I was ovulating earlier and it did help my lp....but I had to come off it because the following two were ridiculous...it seemed to work short term for me. I treid it twice once last year and this happened then again this year, I wondered if it may have been circumstance but it did it again this time. Also it gave me migranes which I have never suffered with in 25 years and these stopped after I stopped it. However many people swear by it and have a good expwerince with it...hence why I tried it, so maybe give it a go...things work differently for different people

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back