Age Gaps

I just found 18 months a really hard age as she was running off absolutely everywhere but she didn’t understand so like now she is nearly three I can discipline her more etc but at that age it was such a battle everywhere lol every midwife appointment she’d just be trying to run out the door of the doctors and I was in agony with spd. Once he was born she started to understand more about not running off lol she also wanted to be carried a lot still like up and downstairs but she was old enough to be really heavy

And like if I was sick now I could say to her mummy is poorly and she’d amuse herself and my 9 month old can’t get climb on sofa so he would amuse himself on floor with toys. When I was pregnant and sick with her she was climbing on me constantly lol! Didn’t understand I was I’ll etc. Xx

3 year gap between baby 1 and 2 and TTC now that will make it 12 years between #2 and #3

Every now and then I drop a line about having another one soon and my hubby is also a firm no :lol: I haven’t had a period yet either, not to say that will stop us falling pregnant. We’re only 6 months in, but like night owl, the cost of childcare, unfortunately, will have quite an impact on when we have the next one :-(

There will be 5 years between ds and this one. Not the gap I anticipated, but it’s actually lovely. He understands what is going on and is at an age where if mummy isn’t feeling well he’s happy to play by himself. I wanted to try when he was 2 but a job change put the brakes on then a house move, then a miscarriage and then the time it took to catch again.
Good financially too as he’s at school now so childcare costs will be a lot more manageable.
If you can afford it it would be nice to have them closer in age though.

@IVW We saved a lot of money before TTC so I could stay home until baby is school aged. I don't want to ever put my kids in childcare. So that's another reason I'm considering having them close together - fewer years on the one income.

@IVW We saved a lot of money before TTC so I could stay home until baby is school aged. I don't want to ever put my kids in childcare. So that's another reason I'm considering having them close together - fewer years on the one income.

Yes you might aswell get them all done at once then

Yeah you might aswell just get it done now then! would make sense for you x

I've got a virtually two year gap between my boys and I'll be honest, it's been HARD!! only gotten easier the past couple of months. First year was a blur and feel like I really missed out on my eldests life then, but now it's so nice to see them play. In an ideal world I'd have liked a bigger gap but we started trying and didn't expect to fall the first month. Every gap has its pros and cons, good luck! X

3 years age gap between 1 & 2 it was lovely as my son understood there was a baby and wanted to help handing nappies to me. Now with my third it’s a 14 yr age gap so yeah I’ll let you know how that goes lol xx

I've got a virtually two year gap between my boys and I'll be honest, it's been HARD!! only gotten easier the past couple of months. First year was a blur and feel like I really missed out on my eldests life then, but now it's so nice to see them play. In an ideal world I'd have liked a bigger gap but we started trying and didn't expect to fall the first month. Every gap has its pros and cons, good luck! X

Oh no, what made it particularly hard? I mean I guess the personalities of your kids play a big part in how hard it is too.

3 years age gap between 1 & 2 it was lovely as my son understood there was a baby and wanted to help handing nappies to me. Now with my third it’s a 14 yr age gap so yeah I’ll let you know how that goes lol xx

Aw it's so sweet when the toddlers get involved with the baby care. Hopefully if we have a 3yr gap then my little girl will be like that and not all jealous x

Hubs and I had a long talk yesterday - he is not keen at all on another bub yet, so despite my extreme baby fever (and seeing so many tiny newborns this weekend, omg!) we have agreed to wait until Winter's first birthday to reassess when to start TTC again. 3 months to go at minimum. x

As you know, I am trying after 8 months. BUT I am a little worried about it, but I figure why not just get it over with and that way they will be closer in age!

I do think it's smart waiting until 1, it's hard when the baby fever hits though! hehe

As you know, I am trying after 8 months. BUT I am a little worried about it, but I figure why not just get it over with and that way they will be closer in age!

I do think it's smart waiting until 1, it's hard when the baby fever hits though! hehe

May as well miss all your sleep at once eh?
I really thought it would take longer for the baby fever to hit, I was always dead set on only having the one baby.

May as well miss all your sleep at once eh?
I really thought it would take longer for the baby fever to hit, I was always dead set on only having the one baby.

Although 2 has always been my ideal number, I also thought it would be longer before I'd be considering another. My husband is a very firm no at the moment and that's fair enough. I'm happy for little man to have us all to himself for a bit longer!

Although 2 has always been my ideal number, I also thought it would be longer before I'd be considering another. My husband is a very firm no at the moment and that's fair enough. I'm happy for little man to have us all to himself for a bit longer!

I met a woman yesterday who had a 6 week old and her little girl had just turned 3. She said the stress of a new baby meant her fully toilet trained daughter had gone back to wearing nappies and wanting a dummy 24/7. She said she wished she had baby 2 earlier as her daughter probably wouldn't have been as aware of, or upset by, the big change. So that made me want to rush out and get pregnant right now. Hubby went the other way and said we better wait 5 years!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back