Affectionate nick names

Bexybun

Reaction score
When I was pregnant, my sister saw something on a tv show where a woman was unsure what she was going to call her unborn baby, so until the time came she would call it 'Pudding'. That stuck with my daughter, and even though she did get a real name (lol), our whole family mainly refers to her as Pudding, Pud or, when talking about her to other people, The Pud. (e.g. "What does The Pud want for xmas?") :)

So this time around, we not only need to pick a real name, we also need a nick name, preferably something food based :) Suggestions?

Please note, my OH is allergic to nuts, so Peanut is out, lol.

what about muffin or cookie to stay in the world of yummy food ?

Muffin! I like Muffin! :p I've also wondered about Cupcake... however, if it's a boy...?

Last edited:
i know its not food but my niece was oomps and still is. like oompa loompa.

if you want to stick with food though bean, pea, jelly, i could go on.

it can be tough though like you say cos alot of them sound girlie. xxx

I like noodle!! :love:

And :rofl: at 'The Pud' ...so sweet! x

My neice was called poppet and now she's 4 and called skyla,family still refer to her as skylapops:)

my mum called her bump fruit cake when she was pregnant with me, it stuck and i still get called it! even ended up being my teenage nickname . . . lady fruit cake!!! must also point out we had a lady peach and a lady biscuit in our group of friends!!!

i like noodle . . . though ive used nugget . . . like chicken nugget as it can also refer to a golden nugget (mmmmm yummy) or an actual nugget of a semi-precious/presious stone :)

I like them all! Ooh, this is going to be as much fun as choosing the real names, lol! Thankyou for all suggestions xxx

Last edited:
My mum and Dad knew my sister was gonna be a girl, they called her Elaine (we call her Lainey) but whilst mum was pregnant we referred to her as Lainey Lobster - and she still gets called Lobster now :) x

Haha!! I'm still known as little pud to some of my parents old work mates!! A friend in work has called his girlfriend's bump spud. I like noodle tho, its cute!

Dad still calls me poppet and I'll be 30 in July, he tried calling me Lou one day when he thought I might feel too old for poppet, I gave him a telling off, I am not a Toilet! No offence to anyone who likes having their name shortened to Lou, but since my name is Lucy, not Louise in the first place it really bugs me! If you wanna shorten my name it's Luce ;)

i love spud and noodle. they are wicked. we have half pint cos oh surmane is pitcher and baby isnt quite a pitcher yet. lol. xxx

I knew someone whos doctor said "Your baby is the size of a pippin" and they called the bump Pippin, and when he was born, they called him Pippin too!

my daughter was refered to as "bean" when i was pregnant with her.
this time my little fella is known as "baby chips"! this came from before i was even pregnant my daughter used to wish i was having a baby, and would stroke my tummy lovingly and ask "are you having a baby? i can see a little bump coming" and i'd say.. "that isn't a baby, that's just chips!!" so she started to name my tummy baby chips!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back