names with short cute versions

trixipaws

Reaction score
who has names with shorter cute alternatives to use? like our daughter is called melissa which we think is beautiful but we dont really use it yet- she needs to grow into it! we call her millie now which is more cute- and even when she's older she can choose which name to introduce herself as! think i'd like the same thing again?? but my mind has gone blank! i hate baby name choosing! can anyone offer suggestions?

My youngest is called Charlotte...too proper for a messy stubborn 2 yr old lol so shes called Lottie...i couldnt stress to everyone enough NOT to call her Charlie....i think Lottie sounds soooo cute and really suits her. :D

If we have a boy we are calling him Edward, mainly so that I can call him Ted, Teddy, Tedward, Teddington and Teddy Edward, which I'm sure he'll be delighted with. I get to use all my cutesy names on him when he's little but if he eventually gets a job in a bank he's got a reasonably normal grown up name to use.

I think calling your daughter Melissa but having her as a Millie whilst she's little is lovely. Names like that are great.

I quite like Dorothy, then you get Dotty and Dot. Oooh, there's millions and millions, I wouldn't know where to start to suggest any.

Alix and Alexandra
Charlie and Charlotte
Flo and Florence

Teddy and Edward
Evie and Evangeline

Wheres all those posts you did on here a while back? You had hundreds of suggestions!!

Edward is great for shortening, as already suggested
cameron- cam cammy, ronnie
Francis- frankie
Zachary- Zach
Michael- Miky, micky, Mike, mick
Nicholas- Nick, Nicky
Tobias- Toby
Alexander- Alex, Al, zander, Lex
Lucas- Luke, lou, Loui
Patrick, Pat
Gah boys are hard!!

Rosemary- Rose Rosie
Cathrine- Cat Cathy Cath caty
Elizabeth- Lizzy, Liz, bet, betty, beth
Matilda- Mat, matty, tilly, tilda
Hermione, Hermy, eeerm :oops: I can see you with a hermione
Henrietta- henny, hen, henry, etta
Harriott- harry
Florence - Flo, flossy
Beatrice- Bea, trixy :cheer:
Araminta :wink: Arry, minty
Cassandra, cassy, cass
Alexandra- Alex, lexi

we considered Lillian, with Lily for short, but dropped it as Lilly is popular at the moment
I am also Sandra but alway been known as Sandi

Sandi

harriet shortened to hattie
and charlotte to lottie

I love Felicity shortened to Flick... dunno why, just think it's cute!

Two of my friends use their kids shortened names.
Katerina who gets called 'Tatty'. ((yeah I know that sounds weird, but she's so cute.. really suits her!))
Delphine gets Fifi, which I had a long time warming up too tbh!!

I was reading a book last night with a Roxanne in it and thought of this thread:-

Roxanne - Roxy

Xxx

vickie said:
My youngest is called Charlotte...too proper for a messy stubborn 2 yr old lol so shes called Lottie...i couldnt stress to everyone enough NOT to call her Charlie....i think Lottie sounds soooo cute and really suits her. :D

Oooh Im a Charlotte & I hate being called Lottie, but that's probably because I've had a mixture of Charlie/Charlotte from being a baby and you don't get may Charlie's my age but it does seem to be very popular now for both boys and girls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back