• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Af question...your probably gonna laugh...

Emma.b

Reaction score
but when do you class your Af as having finished?

WARNING TMI follows..sorry ladies!

The reason i ask is because when charting your cycle the first day is classed as the first fully day of 'flow'. I usually get a day of spot bleeding old brownish looking blood, then the next day when the red fresh blood appears i class as cd1. As told by a few ladies on here,and by doctor. But i didnt asked what was classed as the end of the period.

Because usually i spot bleed brownish looking blood for a couple of days after the fresh blood too.

So is it when the flow stops? or When the blood stops all together?

Any ideas? I have confussed myself! :oooo:

Hello, not really sure, but I thought the end of yiour period was wen there was no blood, bright red or brown. My bleeding goes brown at the end of my period but i just thought that that signalled it was coming to the end, but isnt actually finished until u get ur normal clear discharge again? I mite be wrong but thats what i have always thought ! :lol:

I had to have an internal scan and a blood test on specific cycle days, the letter that came with my appointment card said that the first full day of AF is to be considered CD1.

So if you spot for a day this is not CD1, if you come on heavy at 4pm this is not CD1.

Hope this helps

xxxxxxxx

hi carnatt

i always take the first days full flow as cd01, Just wondered about the end of the period if you spot bleed.

But it think what mrsCow said is right, its when there is no blood at all that the period has stopped. Thats what ive been doing til now! lol

Sorry I didn't read properly :shock: :shock:

I usually have a few days of barely bleeding (just old brown stuff, not proper bleeding) yet I always classed myself as a 7 day cycle and not 5 days!

xxxxxxxx

Last edited:
I also thought CD1 was first day of fresh blood (my doc told me this a while ago) x

I had to have an internal scan and a blood test on specific cycle days, the letter that came with my appointment card said that the first full day of AF is to be considered CD1.

So if you spot for a day this is not CD1, if you come on heavy at 4pm this is not CD1.

Hope this helps

xxxxxxxx

This clears up a lot of my questions, and changes everything for me. my ewcm was thurs and friday, which was later than when I expected it. When I calculated my first cd as my first full blood flow it changed my ov day and fertile days. I had been charting 1st CD when I was just spotting.First CD really makes a difference when you chart. Thanks for that info!

Last edited:
Sorry I didn't read properly :shock: :shock:

I usually have a few days of barely bleeding (just old brown stuff, not proper bleeding) yet I always classed myself as a 7 day cycle and not 5 days!

xxxxxxxx

same here i always spot with brown stuff the last couple days but class myself as 7 and not 5 too x

your period ends when you no longer need a pad, tampon or liner. even if the last day is light spotting this is still part of the menstrual period. my gynae explained it like this to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back