Af after mc?

They refused to scan me with second pregnancy, had to go private, you can find then fairly cheap. Most GPS won't refer you unless you've had alot of one sided pain or bleeding. :/ xx

Ohh that's pants. There's one local to us that's £40 which is reasonable, if we decide to try again. Right now we're a little unsure but we'll give it time to see how we feel.

Sorry to hear of your miscarriage. I miscarried at a similar time to you and got pregnant the cycle afterwards. Obviously Im pleased i did because ive got my little 22 month old daughter but it was a really tough pregnancy as I bled heavily for the first 20 weeks as I had a tear in the uterus lining. Sometimes i do wonder if i should have left it a cycle. I was also breastfeeding at the time which i dont think helped.
But in answer to your original question yes we got pregnant next cycle!

Last edited:
Thanks babybee, that's helpful to know. I'm opking this month to see if my cycles have regulated any. Maybe I'll feel differently once I've ovulated, who knows. Taking each day as it comes first I think

I'm ok hun, thanks for asking. I had a scan today to confirm the miscarriage. There's nothing left so I guess that's a good thing. Don't need to worry about anything left over. Everything is in good working order, no fibroids, ovaries are healthy, so thank goodness for small mercies. Just need to move forward now

So sorry you've been through this hun.

I wouldn't get your hopes up at having early scans next pregnancy if this is your first loss. I'm only getting an early scan this time as I've had three losses in a row.

You could get a private scan for anything from £40-£100 if you need the reassurance.

I fell pregnant after roughly three months each time (mc Sept and bfp Dec, mc Jan and bfp May, mc May and bfp August) Hopefully it'll happen quickly for you hun.

Big hugs and be kind to yourself.

XX

Oh Kumber I am so sorry I've only just seen this post :( I can't really give any sound advice, i don't think I ov'd at all this month tbh, got a near positive on an opk but wouldn't say it was as strong as normal, usually have ov pain and didn't this month either. Waiting on first AF after mc now, Ovia says due tomorrow but with the previous mc's it's been late so not sure.

Thanks ladies.

Emily, you're right about the scan next time. They won't scan me but there's a place fairly local that does them for £40 at 7 weeks so that's good. I can book us in for one of those.

I think if I don't catch by October, we'll wait until February to try again. I can't face another summer baby, especially if the summers are only going to get hotter!

Kumber I've just seen this, I'm so sorry for your loss :(

I'm sure I didn't ovulate after the first, I never even checked because I think I cried for a month, but I never had any of my usual signs or ewcm etc. After the second one I ovulated the next cycle but much later than I normally do!

Ditto to the scans unfortunately. The doctor has told me she'll refer me for one with my next pregnancy but even if she didn't I'd pay for a private myself!

Give yourself some time and grieve how you need to. Do what you feel comfortable with ie ttc again!

Hope you're okay, sending you massive hugs :hug: xxx

Thanks lovely. I'm surprisingly ok, today was the first day I felt normal. I think having the scan gave me closure and now I can move forward

Good for you hun. Give your babies lots of hugs! Here if you ever need to talk xxx

I was afraid of getting my scan after my MC. I thought it would be teally hard getting a scan when I should have been pregnant but I actually found it felt really positive. Knowing my body was back on track gave me closure. There are still up and down days though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back