Af after mc?

kumber

Reaction score
Diagnosed mc today, not really sure what to expect? We're hoping to continue ttc but would like to leave it a cycle or two. How long did it take you to have a natural af after an mc?

Trying to look to the future and not get too upset. We were lucky we caught so quickly but it wasn't meant to be

It can vary with my mc''s I came on pretty much as normal after the bleeding stopped which took ages
After my mmc it took a lot lot lot longer every time can be different. After my first mc I caught quite quickly after though.

Thanks hun. Wondering is it worth opking from the day after the bleed stops so I can see roughly where I'm at?

It might be worth it. Sometimes you don't ov until a cycle or two after sometimes you are super fertile afterwards. The only time we ttc after a mc we caught very quick.

So sorry Kumber! :( hugs.
I had mine maybe a day late then when expected. I still had clots and strings every af after mc tho, and was very painful. Did the scan you?

Yeah, most people don't ovulate until the next cycle. I didn't for 3 cycles.

Look after yourself xx

Last edited:
So sorry kumber xx after mine I ovulated as normal straight away xx

Thanks ladies

I had mine maybe a day late then when expected. I still had clots and strings every af after mc tho, and was very painful. Did the scan you?

Look after yourself xx

Scan is on Tuesday, they said they're fully booked until then. Pretty sure I just passed the fetus so I expect the scan will show an empty uterus. Got another pack of cheapie opks so I can start checking for ov

Thanks ladies

Look after yourself xx

Scan is on Tuesday, they said they're fully booked until then. Pretty sure I just passed the fetus so I expect the scan will show an empty uterus. Got another pack of cheapie opks so I can start checking for ov

:( It could have been a blood clot? I had clots the size of golf balls come out. It's awful. When I passed the sac it was a grayish colour abit bigger than a golf ball. (Did they tell you to bring the sac if it passed? ) I passed it i thought was a blood clot and put in the bin (felt heartless when I realised) but they said I should have gave to them to do tests.
How are you doing lovely? Xx

Sorry for your loss Kumber :(

I MC last August, cycled returned to normal in September, I used OPK and got a positive a few days later than I wouldn't done normally. We left it a few cycles.

The bleeding was heavier than normal, make sure you rest up. Xxx

It was definitely the sac. It was quite solid and it was quite distinct in shape, you could see the beginnings of the placenta too. The cramping was quite painful building up to it, it felt like a mini labour but they've completely gone since it passed. They didn't ask me to save it, I'm not sure they'd test a first mc? I don't know.

I'm doing ok, I passed out on the sofa for a half hour as I was up for 3 hours last night worrying and trying to get the epu to check me but they sent me away. I've had my cry and tonight I'm going to tuck into a Co-Op choccie cake with a massive cup of tea and Bake Off. Hubby has his friend round this evening so I'll probably stay on the computer as I've gone into shut down mode and am not really talking (she says while typing out a giant post!).

Thanks Bobby :)

My 1st loss I ovd on time the next month and got pregnant right away but it was an early loss and didnt seem to mess with my cycles much. After two children I had another loss at 10 weeks. It took a couple of weeks to pass all the tissue and I bled for quite a few weeks. I got a positive OPK before the bleeding totally stopped. Not sure if I actually Ov'd but I did get my period on time (in agreement with the OPK). My next cycle I had a scan at the same time as my positive OPK and it didnt show that I had ovulated and he didnt think I was about to so I might not have ovulated my first couple of cycles, but it can be hard to tell from a scan when you will ovulate until you do. My 1st couple of afs were quite heavy and it took a few cycles to feel my body was normal again. I got pregnant 5 months after the second loss.

Sorry for your loss. Hugs.

Last edited:
How far were you Hun.
My last MC sounded the same as you describe when passing the sac, so I knew it had gone.

After I'd passed the sac think I bled like a normal period all the pain disappeared.

My next AF came a couple of days late but I conceived again that following cycle.

Hope your ok Hun it's heart wrenching and I hope you have the support you need xx

Thank you ladies, that's all really helpful. I was 5+4 today

I think at 5+4, now that you have passed the sac,'normal' would be to have a week or so heavy period type bleeding and then your next cycle to be a little bit late, but not hugely, and then your cyles to go back to how they usually are. Of course there is a lot of variation of normal so that might not all be true for you but just giving it as base line of what you might expect, if that helps.

Last edited:
kumber I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, big hugs.

My cycle never returned after mc and I ended up needing a bleed induced for my first two mcs. Hope you don't have to wait as long.

Thanks snowbee. I'm hopeful I can get back into a regular cycle fairly quickly.

Does anyone know if they would scan me early in next pregnancy as I've had an mc, or did I mc too early for them to be worried/concerned/interested?

I've been referred for early scans due to mc, I think it depends on your gp and how understanding they are. Our EPU won't scan before 6 weeks and they prefer 7, so you have to get that far first which has always been a problem for me so far.

Thanks snowbee. Next time I get a bfp I'll go to my gp and see what they say. Hopefully they refer me, the epu scans at 6 weeks here so fx they'll refer me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back