advice please

rainbow dancer

Reaction score
lucy is 7 weeks old tommorow and was after some advice. im not sure if she is too young to start worrying about this but she is soo clingy. not that im complaining but wondered if o should carry on allowing her to be picked up each time she crys as i know alot of the times its just that she wants picking up (hope that makes sense), i never leave her crying for any length of but family members have said im making a rod for my own back (even though they are all quick enough to pick her up for cuddles). i still think she is so young and is crying for a reason and that she will one day grow out of it (after all she isnt even 2 months yet) or am i being daft??. i dont know what to do but really dont want to make my baby unhappy. im not ogar!. advice please ladies. xx

You are not being daft IMHO. I hate this attitude now that a baby should be left to cry! Shes crying for a reason! Even if that reason is she wants a cuddle what is so awful about fulfilling that need?! We're so quick to fulfil physical needs such as feeding and burping but when a baby needs an emotional need filling we dismiss it! I say keep cuddling her!

AJ was like this too at that age (and for months after! :lol:)

I'd keep on cuddling her :) I don't think you can spoil a baby at that age, she wants you and your cuddles.
We too had the 'he'll never get off to sleep himself if you keep cuddling him to sleep/your making a rod for your own back'.
I just kept smiling and nodding at them all whilst doing what I liked :D

thanks ladies this is what i thought too, like you say she is crying for a reason and they can bugger off with their rods!!!lol xx

I agree with the others! People say it to me but i don't care. He needs me so i'm gonna be there for him!

thanks ladies this is what i thought too, like you say she is crying for a reason and they can bugger off with their rods!!!lol xx

I have a mental image of a group of people slinking off, heads down in a sulk, with rods in their hands! Lmao :) I wouldn't leave Seb to cry, it goes against all my instincts as a mother!

She's still really young and your definitely not spoiling her by picking her up. She's scared on her own and needs her mummy to feel safe and secure, nothing wrong with that.

I cuddle my little 9 week old all the time! Even if we are just sitting there I have her, whenshe cries I feed or change her, or give her a dummy if she's tired and she goes straight to sleep. The only time I leave her is after her last feed. I put her down and she has a moan for 10 mins max then sleeps 10 hours straight. During the day she does however like to just get on with it, like she sits in her bouncer extremely contented for hours at a time. I just leave her to it until she needs or wants me. I really don't think you can spoil them, and I also believe you'll know when they take the mickey when they are a bit older. X

amelia was like and she has grown out of it she only needs a cuddle when over tired in the day but is put down wide awake at night she knows the difference and u can tell when she is being a monster and wanting a cheeky cuddle x

I've read that you can't spoil a baby younger than 6 months. I say cuddle away! You can tell when they are just being cheeky and wanting attention when they get bigger so don't worry about it! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back