little Klingon!

GBLiz

Reaction score
i'm pretty lucky i think, that Anjali will go down to sleep without me quite easily in the day or night ...but when she's awake.....is she demanding!!!!!

the latest thing is i HAVE to hold her sitting up looking over my shoulder every waking moment :wall: it feels lovely holding her there but sometimes i have things to do that require both hands!!!

i cant put her down even right next to me without her screaming! pick her up and she shuts up instantly

is she still young enough that i should be indulging her and its not making a rod for my own back? i cant bear to see her crying!

Dan really doesn't like laying down when he's awake and happy face soon turns to grizzle face! I pick him up and he's fine!

Do you think they are becoming crafty?

I think we need advice from experienced mums as to be honest hun, I am in a very similar boat :think:

These similarities keep happening don't they :lol:

tbh its around 2 months when the figure it out that mummy picks me up if I make that strange noise...sometimes you have to let them cry a bit in these circumstances...as long as lil miss is in a safe place I will put her down and do the things I need to do... like going to the toilet... :rotfl: Depending how urgent her cries are, I will pick her up when I get back but otherwise if she's just grumbling (and boy does she grumble sometimes) I just leave her be :) Problem is you are the favourite toy atm as they can't play by themselves yet... I got a bumbo seat which helped because I could take lil miss with me and she's sitting up so she's happier....

Now lil miss has the problem of I can't see mummy... OMG SHE'S LEFT ME ALONE!!!! Which is a little easier...in someways but harder in others...

Yep I agree with Squig, I leave harry to grumble too, he doesn't cry so much but shouts (it's like one loud yell of waaaaaaaaaaaa) :rotfl: :rotfl: definately crafty

if you think about it they have had constant touch for 9 months in you and it is taking them a while to adjust to the world. Some researchers say it takes baby another 9 months to develop further after their birth. They don't know that you are seperate to them at the age your LO is at, and some babies just need reassurance. I always used to pick up Seren when she cried and got grizzly and never had a clingy baby, have done the same with Cally and she is now getting to the stage where she is happy to sit down in her bouncy chair or under her play gym for quite a while. They are only little for such a short period of time and before you know it they will be saying no to cuddles (Seren did this morning as she wanted to play with her play dough) so make the most of it. :D

have you tried a sling. Cally went through a stage of wanting to be held with her head on my shoulder and I found my slings a godsend then.

i use a sling when im out and about but she only likes the sling if i keep walking!

when i put her down and she starts crying, its like proper crying with tears!

Lil miss is the same with the sling if I stopped walking...still is....

Don't get me wrong, lil miss will cry real tears and everything....but I know the difference between, I'm not getting what I want cry and what I need cry... when its a need cry she always gets picked up... but my gods... a girl needs to pee so baby has to go down crying once in a while.... :rotfl:

Kathryn decided on Friday that she suddenly felt brave enough to lie on her back on a duvet to 'play'. Before Friday she screamed the place down if I tried this. I'm not sure what the change was but before Friday I had been lying her on a play mat which had some areas which were slightly raised- I wonder if she didn't feel secure on this bumpy surface as she was never as grumpy when she was on her change mat... who knows? It does seem that all babies do the same things and need reassurance and a confidence boost in these early weeks and months- I find the sling a godsend too! [/img]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back