• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Advice please.....

rachie29

Reaction score
hi,

i'm new to this site and found it doing one of my many internet trawls trying to get info. I have been off the pill since May 06 and had my withdrawal bleed as normal , then af end of jul usual 29days. i missed a period, thought i might be pg but got about 3 bfns, i had a some very slight brown spotting on 12th sept then had a blood test on 13th sept which came back at 5. My gp has said this is bfn to them, but i am having pg symptoms. bbs are tender, cramping, back ache, naseau and i cant keep my eyes open past 2pm! ( a problem at work!). So my question is is it normal to have a delay in your cycle like this despite it seeming to go back to normal, or could I have my dates mixed up and possibly conceived later than i thought, because from what i have read if you aren't pg then you should have no hcg level to register .

or am i going crazy?

any advice would be helpful

thanks

hi welcome to the forum! :wave:
not really sure what to suggest, it could be as you said that you maybe ov later than you thought and therefore have only just conceived and it may not show yet, that wouldnt explain why you havent really had af since the end of july though :think: i dont know how those blood tests and their results work so cant help you there....if you are having symptoms then maybe best to wait a week and if no af still then try a HPT again. what has the doctor advised now, just wait for af to show its ugly head?

hi..

the gp said to go back in a couple of weeks if my symptoms are still the same. They wont do a u/s at the moment but she thought that af should hve been here by now as well. :wall:

I am in a similar position, I had a light period which I thought nothing of at the time, then I didnt have a period at all the next month and was having lots of pregnancy symptoms tiredness, sore boobs, nausia and sickness etc I tested a number of times all bfn I went to the doctors and they told me just to wait at first and if AF didnt come to test again in two weeks (my doctor wouldnt do a blood test) that was over a month ago still bfn and still having symptoms but had a light period this month, have a scan booked on the 18th of october (but that was already booked for something else) doctors have done blood tests for other possible causes of my symptoms, all have been negative but I have had to push every step of the way to get it looked into, I think I basically just have to wait for my scan now although I am sure Im am not pregnant given the bleed, all be it not a normal period, and the bfn's but need to get to the bottom of whats going on!

I really hope you dont have to wait as long for answers as I am having to, I have heard of false negative blood tests but they are rare, keep pushing at the doctors to get answers even if your not pregnant why have you missed a period and having these symptoms, I was told there are a few posibilities thyroid being one. Hope you get your bfp if thats what you want!

hi thanks for replying.

they tested my blood for everything relating to missed periods so have ruled out thyroids, no indication of pcos (which was what i though) nothing to indicate the nasty C either, thats why its so confusing. we hadnt planned on being pg but when thought it was possibilty were really excited and realised how much we want it.

my gp has actually been pretty good, i keep reading about some gps not being very helpful so am quite thankful mine is.

Good luck with your scan i hope you get the result you want

:lol:

Thanks, all my blood tests were also normal, my doctor has been pretty good but they dont seem to know what to do next! First one I saw had to ask another doctor for a second opinion and everything! :lol:

I am the same wasnt trying to get pregnant but now would really like to be was quite disapointed when I started bleeding around when my period was due! Hope you get your bfp soon!

Hi, good luck hope you get BFP very soon. I too came off pill in May and not had AF since my pill induced one. As they say there is still hope as long as AF stays away, some people dont get BFP til a couple of weeks late. Also have you tried charting, most on here use fertility friend (look on chart stalkter thread)

did your gp not test hcg when they took your bloods? I guess a scan will give you a definite answer though.

and i do def want a bfp now

:)

i havent tried charting, i guess i rather naively thought that if you werent using contraception then you coudl get pregnant! i'll check that thread out
thanks for the heads up :)

rachie29 said:
did your gp not test hcg when they took your bloods? I guess a scan will give you a definite answer though.

and i do def want a bfp now

:)

Doctors wouldnt test for hcg they say they dont do blood tests for pregnancy because theyre no more accurate then the urine tests! But thats not what ive read on the net! Im fairly certain that Im not pregnant but anxious to know what else is causing my symptoms and hoping the scan will give some answers! Good luck with your bfp!

fingers crossed for your scan and i hope all goes well. :wave:

hi rachel and welcome to the forum :wave: hope you work things out soon! That brown spotting could have been implantation bleeding maybe? Are you going to test again?

Good luck!

xxx

Andrianne said:
hi rachel and welcome to the forum :wave: hope you work things out soon! That brown spotting could have been implantation bleeding maybe? Are you going to test again?

Good luck!

xxx

Hi Andrianne - yes i probably will test again in a week or so. I want to wait as long as possible as i have no idea what my cycle is or would be now.

:wave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back