Help and advice needed please

Discussion in 'Trying to Conceive' started by Marielise, May 25, 2005.

1. Marielise

Marielise New Member

Hi. I did a hpt on sat as my period was several days late. Have been taking clomid for a few months so was desperate for a positive. It came up positive straight away! I then did 2 more tests over the next few hours - both positive. Went to see my GP on Monday - very excited. She sent off a urine sample to confirm it but rang this morning to say it was negative. I have just done another hpt - positive! I am so confused - don't know whether to be excited or not. I am booked in for a blood test but not until next week - in the meantime, I'm going mad. Surely a doctor's test is more accurate than an hpt? Has anyone else experienced this?

2. Kerry

Kerry Well-Known Member

It's very rare to get a false possitive, if your AF still hasn't arrived then I would say you are probably pregnant, I think it's the doctors that have got it wrong!!

Keep us posted!!!

3. Snuggle

Snuggle Well-Known Member

Thats very strange! It looks like the doctors have got it wrong as you wouldnt get BFP from 4 tests if you werent pregnant.
    Let us know what happens.
    Love Jools xx

4. newbump

newbump Well-Known Member

I agree, its unusal for a doc to be wrong but they could be!!! I did 3 home tests all postive, and only 6 days after my AF should have started! Could be the sample you gave did not have enough hormones to give a positive! Seems very unlikely that the 4 tests you have done are incorrect!

I only went on the HPT's i didnt get docs to confirm, a doc uses the same little stick thing they put in hpt!!!

Good luck
    natalie x