I'm cooking a bean!!!!

Snagglepuss

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here and god do I need help!!!! I'm newly married and we've just come back from honeymoon.... let's just say I came back with more that a nice tan!!!!

I tested a few days early and got a "pregnant 2-3weeks" result on clearblue digital. My period was due yesterday and fingers (and legs) crossed, there's no sign of it as yet, so for the moment, I am pregnant.

I've been googling like crazy and scared myself silly with all the do's and don'ts, and mostly the don'ts that I've already done!!! Dammit. Like getting hammered just over a week ago, eating parma ham, having sweeteners in my coffee, etc etc. I've terrified myself and I've just had dry toast for my lunch because everything else in the fridge is scaring me.

I haven't been to the docs yet, I feel like a fraud going this early, I think I'll book in for next week.

Is there anything I need to know yet? And am I just scaring myself silly with google or should I actually take all the millions of warnings seriously???? :oooo:

Thanks guys

Firstly Congratulations :)

I would get yourself booked in as it takes a while for the hospitals to get their fingers out and sort scans :)

As for the food side of things, I'd just be sensible. Wash your fruit and veg really well, even shop bought. No raw eggs, shellfish etc.

good luck x

Google is evil for pregnant women, i would keep away lol. I actually eat whatever i fancy, i just make sure its in moderation and washed and cooked properly. I hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months xx

congatulations! Dont worry too much, I was really drunk the night i actually took my test! but as long as you just eat healthy and drink lots of water you will be fine!!! Good luck! x

Congratulations on your honeymoon baby, I hope all goes well for you. Just take folic acid if your not already and avoid things like blue cheese, other than that as above x

Congratulations... dont worry too much as this early on all the damaged cells (if any) can replicate themselves.

I was told this as i didnt find out until about 8 weeks and i had been drinking and eventing horses etc etc... Dont panic about everything you're 'not' allowed to do else you would sit at home in bubble wrap for 9 months.

Congratulations and DEF go to docs soon as it takes agggess to get a scan dont :)

congrats! i honestly pay no attention to what the guidelines say :oops: well, i stay away from smelly cheeses, dont drink much and gave up smoking. thats about it! as for drinking, i read somewhere the placenta doesnt start working til about 8 weeks (not sure the exact time, could be later) and until then, the baby doesnt get any of the alcohol apparently! which was good for me, cos i had a really really heavy weekend the weekend before i found out i was having katie!!

google is a nightmare, i just think everything in moderation really! and get yourself to the docs, or make an appt with the midwife, apparently they're trying to encourage you to do that now, rather than going to the doctor!

Thank guys, I'm a bit more relaxed now, especially as my period is 3 days late!!! Its weird, no matter how many tests tell me I'm pregnant, I refuse to believe it until I'm officially late :D

Some good advice on your replies, thank you :) Mr Snaggle has told me to use 1 book and 1 book only as a reference as if I keep looking at different info sources, I'm bound to get conflicting advice.

I just want the little bean to stay now :D

big congratulations!
i wouldnt worry about the do's and donts, they say the majority of them to scare the beejeasus out ppl.

i was sledging at 7months gone! not advisable but at time i was loving it haha

Hey just wanted to say not to worry and you'll be fine. This early on its very unlikely you have caused any damage but DO be careful going forward.

I know there is a lot of confusing information on the inet about pregnancy and a lot of it is inaccurate, misleading and outdated but there are facts in there somewhere.

Stay clear of undercooked meat, runny eggs, shellfish, tuna, swordfish, kingfish, shark, artificial sweeteners (for nutrition reasons - you would have to eat a bucketload to harm the baby but they do mask real food cravings by your body), caffeine (cortisol messes up hormone balance - critical at this stage), drugs, tobacco and alcohol.

Base your diet on clean whole foods, nutreient dense veggies, organic, lean proteins and unrefined carbs. Stay clear of processed foods.

Nisha

Tuna? I didn't know about tuna. I was gonna have some for lunch!!

Congratulations on the "bean" cooking. :wave: If it makes you feel ANY better, my friend didn't know she was pregnant until quite a few months gone, and in that time, had celebrated Christmas AND New Year in quite the "proper" way :rofl: Even been smoking etc (not much but ...) and had a perfectly healthy and happy baby.

The guidelines in this country in comparison to others are so very different. I know in other places, a glass or 3 of champagne a day is RECOMMENDED after the first trimester. In another, where another friend had a child, there were no restrictions on unpasteurised cheese, mayonnaise, tuna, liver (!) etc.

I'm no expert but try not to panic! :hug:

Tiny - the tuna and other fish is due to the mercury levels. I have it occasionally still.

I spoke to a very well respected and knowledgable cheese monger when i was expecting last time and in France they dont have the cheese 'rule'. She also said it's actually impossible for the bad bacteria to live in certain cheeses, even when they are unpasturised - in particular unpasturised hard cheeses are very safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back