Food..Could I have a egg?

nickilubs

Reaction score
I really want a boiled egg and little toast soldiers but I want a runny middle.....am I allowed to and if not how long should I boil the egg for? :) Sorry I'm a bit thick really!

As far as i know officially no you cnat have a runny egg yolk.
However i personally am not taken with all of this, jsut like the crap about peanuts! I'm not a huge fan of eggs but when i want them i eat them and i'll eat them runny.
It's up to you hun but like i said im pretty sure officially you cant have runny yolk

i had runny eggs early on and have been fine, but i think i read afterwards that i shouldn't have done it. it is the sort of thing Sherlock would know.

can't stand eggs now :puke:

Sandi

i had the odd runny egg, and alice is here fine ( a little loppy at times :lol: ).

i believe abcd1234 is right, officially no - its suggested you avoid them. but if you followed every thing down to the line, you wouldn't be able to eat anything, or anywhere, do anything!!

They do advise you not to have runny yolk, I think it's because of salmonella? I haven't been sticking to 'the rules' properly, I have been eating peanuts, but I always make sure my eggs are well done. I love runny yolks too :(

I was told not to eat runny egg, make sure its hard boiled but personally I don't think it would do any harm if its just one every now and again.

runny eggs are a no-no... its to do with listeria I think.

I know how you feel- I only like a runny yolk!

x

I miss runny yolks :( In fact I miss all the foods we are not supposed to eat. Why is it when you can't have something you really want it?!?!?!?! :think:

I REALLY want runny eggs and dippy soldiers and have avoided them since I found out except two fried eggs that came with a breakfast when I was out with OH :oops: Couldn't turn them down once they were in front of me! But OH is stopping me from having runny ones at home...I will have one though...only so many Cadburys creme eggs I can manage as a substitute! x

My midwife with my last baby told me I could eat runny egg as long as it was red lion stamped because they are injected against horrible things? I ate them with my son and have had a few with this baby but have gone right off them. As long as they are in date etc then I think it should be ok? Down to individual preferance I guess. Just as much risk when eating chicken or steak I would say.

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: I had my egg! I had it hard boiled because I over cooked it anyways and it was soooo yummy! Now I think I may get through the whole six by the end of the night. :D

im quite tempted to have a poached egg sandwich. mmmmmmm...................................

eggs don't really agree with me though.

Eggs brought in supermarkets come stamped and are from flocks vaccinated against salmonella so I never worry if buying those. I eat runny eggs when buying the free range organic eggs in store. I'd eat runny if I bought the battery farmed ones also, but don't buy those due to animal welfare.

Eggs from my own chickens I only eat when cooked through atm as a precation as they are not all vaccinated. When not PG I eat them runny also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back