advice ..opinions please x

tracyj64

Reaction score
Hi All

This might be rather long so bare with me......and any advice or opinions would be great.

Well i thot i was starting my period last monday, had some blood when i wiped myself after goin to the bathroom. So i inserted tampon, when i went to change tampon ...there was v. little blood, which is unusual for me, my periods are usually v heavy but sometimes not till the 2nd or 3rd day, ( usually wear super plus tampax & can sometimes still seep through) .......However still no blood came on the following days. On the friday i had a little pink discharge, so decided to take a pregnancy test...it came back positive.

On the saturday morning ....i had a kind of light pink/browny staining on my pants, but no blood. On Sunday nite i noticed some pink colour on the tissue when i wiped myself, then about 30 mins l8r went & wiped again & there was red blood. Not had anymore red blood since then, jst light pink discharge.

This is now thursday 6 days since my first test & 4 days since the blood. I have been to the doctors who has given me 2 further pregancy tests 1 on Mon & one on Wed which both came back really strong positives. She has booked me in for a scan on monday...i will be 6 weeks & 2 days.

The last 3 days i have been feeling sick v. early in the morning & round about early evening.....but still having light pink discharge now & again.

Has anyone else experienced this????....if so what happened...its it normal???..is it a sign there will be something wrong with the baby. I am really stressing about this.

Thanks & sorry again for the really long post..

Tracy

sorry can't help but what did your doctor say the first instance of bleeding was from and have you spoken to him/her since about the spotting/staining?
i'm sure alls ok and try not to stress about it - you've had 3 + tests after all!! :)

It *could* have been implantation?? Or just your hormones, some people do have breakthrough bleeds. Glad you're having a scan though, it will put your mind at rest :hug:

the doctor said that because i didn't have any cramps & there was only once when the blood was really red it might be fine .....just had to wait and see what happened in the next few days. That was on the monday, i went back to her on the wednesday & told her what was happening & she took the test again another positive. she said that these things can happen. But iam getting really uptight about it all. My partner & I aren't even wanting to chat about me being pregnant because i don't want to get my hopes up & go for my scan on monday & get back news.....so im kind of preparing for the worse

I understand how you are feeling regards to not getting your hopes up BUT the lack of fresh red blood is good.
The pinkish smears of blood do sound like implantation, and remember in rare cases some women do have periods when pregnant, as sometimes the body doesn't send out the chemical to stop them in time. It doesn't automatically mean bad news :hug:
If the doctor had thought it was really bad you would probably have gone straight to EPU for a scan.

Keeping fingers crossed for you :)

Sorry, I'm butting in from Tri 2 :oops:

I had some bleeding in first tri which turned out to be ok. Doctor told me at time that if there is no pain and it isn't heavy like a period that it's a good sign. Also, it can be caused by your hormones, especially around time when your period would be due.

Only the scan will truley put your mind at rest but I agree that if doctor was very worried he would have sent you to Early Pregnancy Unit or A&E. Best of luck, I hope all is ok :hug:

tracyj64 said:
what was your bleeding like .....was it dischargey??

Yeah a bit... sorry to be graphic it was sort of dischargy/gooey and very dark brown... like what I used to get at the beginning of a period. I think they worry more about 'fresh' red blood that is heavy enough to constitute a period :hug:

apart from that one wipe on sunday when i went to the toilet. none of the spotting i've had is anything like a period.

i really hope things will be ok

Fingers crossed for you that everything will be alright. Like I said, you will only know for sure after the scan but for now just try to stay positive and not worry too much :hug:

Make sure you rest too!

All cases are different but thought I'd pop in from Tri 2 to tell you my story - it should help to put your mind at ease.

I was on the pill so didn't think I was pregnant at all. Went to the docs because I had been feeling rough for a while and a routine urine test came back positive for pregnancy...I was rather shocked.

However between doing the test and getting the results I'd had a 2 day bleed which I thought was a light, short period. I told the dr this and was told to do another test. I did the test and it was still positive.

Then about a week later I started bleeding again - pink/brown blood. I rang the dr who booked me in for an early scan but they prepared me for the worse by saying how common m/c is in the first 12wks etc.

So about 4 days later I went for the scan (still brown bleeding) and it showed a little baby in my uterus (see my profile picture). The bleed was some retained blood above the uterus which is seen by an echo on the scan just diagnally right from the baby blob. They didn't now the cause of the bleed but it was effectively an small internal bleed from something.
The bleeding stopped a couple of days later but I was told that I may bleed at around 12wks as my body may have a fake 'period'.

I never experienced another bleed and I'll be 18wks tomorrow - 12wk scan showed a healthy baby and I heard the heartbeat at 16wks.

So the moral of the story is don't panic - it might be implantation bleed, might be a fake period or just some left over blood from somewhere. Generally miscarriages involve cramps and pain so if you're not in pain, don't panic.

I'd recommend taking someone with you to the early scan - I really freaked out in the waiting room as I was convinced I'd lost my baby and at one point decided I'd rather not kow and wanted to leave. Luckily my OH convnced me to stay and we found out all was well.

Good luck!

My mum is going with me, my partner can't get the time off work.

Yours does sound like what is happening to me. I have taken 6 tests in all & all have come back positive. the last being yesterday

it is jst very worrying isn't it

xxx

You're right, it is worrying and the wait to find out feels like forever but if all is well you forget about it after a few weeks and start to be able to enjoy being pregnant again.

The positive tests are definitely a good sign :hug:

in my case i have been pregnant 3 times and the second one i had bleeding unfortunately that was a miscarriage- i had no bleeding with my daughter and none with this one so far. BUT please dont let that worry you- all women and all pregnancies are different some women do bleed and still have healthy babies. i posted in "ask a mum" about it in november when it was happening to me and got lots of replies from ladies who bled very heavily yet they still had healthy babies :hug: x x x x

good luck at your scan xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back