Advice on tiny bit of bleeding please

JJ Mum

Reaction score
Hi girls,

I was tired and just had a sock in the bath. When I drained the water away we have one of those plug covers that collects hair, and when the bath was empty it had collected a tiny bit (I mean tiny), stringy bit of red blood type stuff, which was a bit of a shock to be honest.

I thought that was it, so ok. I always wear a towel to bed now incase I cough or sneeze etc in the night, and put a fresh one on and needed the loo about 2 mins later. When I had a look the towel had blood on it, only a bit like the start of a period so far, like 2 inch long patch, 1cm wide? It could be watered down from bath water tho if you know what I mean as right after bath.

Anyone else have this at my stage 37 plus 2 today, do you think it's safe to leave and just see if any more comes? Bit concerned.

Been having lots of close braxton hicks this evening, why I had the bath to soak , but not painful ones just normal, but frequent.

Thanks, JJ

Last edited:
No idea but I didn't want to read and run! Could it be a bit of plug? With the other 'stuff' sort of washed out of it. I don't know, I never had a show or anything. Is baby moving about the same?

Thanks for looking so quickly, it's paniced me a bit to be honest, as I never had bleeding at this stage before either. Well I was really counting movements earlier this eve as worried I couldn't feel any fork a change, but I think it must have been all those braxton hicks stopping me feeling baby as after the bath, he seems far more active now.

I might just have to keep an eye on it, went to loo again and a little more into toilet, but pale colour blood. So will see if it stops overnight maybee - thanks lots

Hope it's stopped so u can have a panic free Xmas. It sounds like it could b ur plug...maybe Devon will b making an appearance sooner than expected xxxx

Sounds like plug to me Hun how's things today x

Well all went old brown coloured by this morning , before I left for my sisters today at 11am , for dinner, and had more red clotty lumpy bits , only small size tho, and stringy bits all day, seems to have slowed a bit. Will have another bath in a bit as feel a bit grubby if you know what I mean!

My mum and sister thought I ought to ring the hosp number tomorow and just ask them, but I don't want to sound like a time waster over a little bit of blood.

I am having lots of braxton hicks, my sister said I should try to time them even if not painful at all, It's aall a bit new to me having had none of this before!!

Last edited:
I think itd be worth giving them a ring just Incase, it sounds like how i started Loosing my plug bit like bloody Snot (sorry tmi!) x

I think itd be worth giving them a ring just Incase, it sounds like how i started Loosing my plug bit like bloody Snot (sorry tmi!) x

Thanks ZMD, what happened after that then for you.... at what stage did that happen, what had happened before that and when did you go into labour after? did you call and ask anyone when it happened to you? - sorry for the 20 questions!

Thanks lots

Last edited:
when i had my bloody show it was like snot first then it was more like period type blood and day after brownish. but i had it after my sweeps x

its no waste of time just to make a phonecall hun xx

Thanks ZMD, what happened after that then for you.... at what stage did that happen, what had happened before that and when did you go into labour after? did you call and ask anyone when it happened to you? - sorry for the 20 questions!

Thanks lots

it started on the monday at 40+1 wasn't that concerned, tuesday morning there was more so i spoke to Midwife who said it was probably plug and she didn't think it would be much longer. had an app wed morning she examined me and i was all ready 3cm dilated! wednesday night at 11.30pm i started gettin slight period pains by 3:58pm on the thursday Tegan was here!

sorry that's so long Hun but hope it helps xx

Hi ladies, thanks for your replies,

yes all fine, no more blood since, actually I now seem to have gone the opposite and no discharge at all, really dry as a bone, which is strange after all that! (TMI). How much blood/ goo do you get on a show, I am assuming that I only have had a bit of mine and not the whole thing? I am imagining a jam jar lid size of jelly is a full plug? Or is is much smaller?

Lots of brackton hicks ,but I do get lots, but nothing more than that really, feel heavey down there , but that's it, so think it has settled down for a bit. Devon was going mad last night at bedtime, so I ended up staying up late till he settled down, as he was pushing my tum out in all sides for ages!

I have a preop slot booked for thursday this week and can ask them advice then , as section not for a while yet

thanks girls - I love you lot!

Last edited:
Hi ladies, thanks for your replies,

yes all fine, no more blood since, actually I now seem to have gone the opposite and no discharge at all, really dry as a bone, which is strange after all that! (TMI). How much blood/ goo do you get on a show, I am assuming that I only have had a bit of mine and not the whole thing? I am imagining a jam jar lid size of jelly is a full plug? Or is is much smaller?

Lots of brackton hicks ,but I do get lots, but nothing more than that really, feel heavey down there , but that's it, so think it has settled down for a bit. Devon was going mad last night at bedtime, so I ended up staying up late till he settled down, as he was pushing my tum out in all sides for ages!

I have a preop slot booked for thursday this week and can ask them advice then , as section not for a while yet

thanks girls - I love you lot!

my brother did this to my mum!! He was booked in for a csection, yet he decided to come a week early!!! My mum, who had not experienced labour before, thought she had wind! Wasn't till she went to hospital fearing he worse that she was told she was in labour...and they booked her in or a section that morning,

I would callthe auite and tell them what has happened. They may want to boom you in earlier... Cos remember if you go into labour you will hve to experience a few hours before being sent to theatre- my mum went in at midnight, but no one was available until 6am to do a section. She was so upset that she had only dilated 1cm on that time! Lol

Hi JJ my friend was in hosp on xmas day with a bit of blood show she is 35 weeks, they told her it was the pressure of baby on the kneck of the womb could be that! xx

Thanks Wilma, and Bidsy - ahh he does feel like he is between my legs! ha ha

Thats what happened to me a week before i had Drake hun. Could be the start of things!

Thanks Yobado, I have an appointment on thursday just for preop stuff, would they do anything to physically check at that stage, or just wait and see if anything more happens between now and op date do you think? (It's normally just bloods, sign your life away just incase for section and BP etc, paper pushing exersize.

Sorry , my last appointment was 34 weeks, and have never had anyone talk about anything laboury, checks later on, only even been measured once, let alone anyone come near my floof!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back