Advice on how I can leave my oh

holly1

Reaction score
Hello looking for some advice. Iv just split up with my oh we're not married but we own a home together and have 2 children under 4. He won't leave the house and I can no longer live with him as it's not fair on our children.

I'm so scared of what the future holds for me as a single parent but I cannot go on like this. I don't even know where to begin in leaving him. I'm not even sure if I can afford to do it on my own? I'm currently on maternity leave and once I'm back to work I will be working full time regardless.

Has anyone been in this situation where they could possibly give me advice? What process do I follow? I would like to do it all amicably but I don't think he will be amicable. Where do I stand on owning half a home and getting help getting my own place?

I never thought I would be in this situation as I'm sure everyone that goes through this thinks too but I'm absolutely gutted and am just so lost as to what to do next and need to make sure it's as smooth as possible for my children.

Thanks you for reading

Hi I'm sorry your feeling like this. Is your name on the mortgage? Also if you have loved together more than 2yrs your entitled to half. Lots of solicitors give free advice on the phone or do free appointments once a week. Get on touch with woman's refuge they may be able to help aswell. Can you stay with anyone whilst this gets sorted?

Thank you blueclass we have been together 13 years, the mortgage is in both our names. I didn't realise some solicitors do free appointments I will definitely look for this for sure! Thank you for that this is really helpful! I have offeres from family to stay just feel bad to move the kids about. Just wish it never came to this.

Thank you for your help much appreciated x

Unfortunately it happens sometimes we never plan for it. I hope your ok xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back