Advice - just been bleeding very heavily

tract0rgirl

Reaction score
Hi, all - just had a major shock. Had terrible AF cramps yesterday and thought AF had arrived. Have had quite heavy bleeding and still had cramps today. Normally I only have cramps on the first day and then I'm ok. Anyway, I suddenly got terrible cramps tonight and took some Neurofen. About half an hour later it felt like I had wet myself so I rushed to the loo and loads of blood and thick bloody mucus poured out into the toilet.

I think I may have just miscarried. I'm in total shock. Last week and this week I had nausea, dizziness, hungryness, etc, and thought it felt weird, but when AF turned up yesterday I thought it must have all been pre-menstrual. I've never had that heavy bleeding before and thick mucus. I just can't believe it.

I've managed to book an appointment with my doctor tomorrow afternoon (she's heavily pregnant, ironically), just to get some advice. I feel ok now - the neurofen have sorted out the cramps and the bleeding has subsided a bit. I guess I should just keep monitoring myself and make sure the cramps don't get worse.

What a horrible end to the day. I can't believe that I actually might have been pregnant after all. :cry:

Oh no, that sounds awful - how scary, you poor thing.
Best thing is def to get examined by Doc ASAP just to make sure everything is OK.
Hoping it's nothing serious x

Thanks, Jenny - hopefully the doc will sort me out. :)

Oh I'm so sorry that must have been awful. Hope the doctor will be able to let you know what's happening.....*big hug*

Big hug - we're all here for you. Please let us know how it went with the docs. So sorry to hear this - hugs again xxxx

Thanks for all your kind words. I don't seem to have any cramps this morning and the bleeding is a lot lighter, which is a huge relief. Still in shock this morning. I had really severe cramps and shooting pains about 15 mins before I had that huge bleed, but I'll see what the doc says. I've never bled like that before so can only assume that maybe I miscarried. Trying to get pregnant is so damned traumatic sometimes. Oh well, off to work. I'll log on later and let you know what the doc says. xxx

Hi hun, try not to worry, it may just have been a normal cycle, sometimes women can get a much heavier and more painful month out of the blue. I miscarried last month, and believe it or not the bleeding and pains were much lighter than a normal period. I looked it up, and it can be quite normal for an early mc to be quite light. Hopefully, it will be a normal af, and you will be back to normal and ttc again soon! :hugs:

Try not to worry :hug:

I think you are assuming way too much and jumping to conclusions based on very little :)

Unless you got a positive HPT, actually you still should get one now, then you cannot assume that you were pregnant.

Plus, unless you were very late, there would be no noticable increase in amount of uterus lining either...

And thinking that you had a chemical pregnany doesn't do you any good - it just creates concern where there isn't any and the doctors don't bat an eyelid at chemical pregnancies :oooo:

I've had periods when they gushed out all of a sudden like a major artery has sprung a leak a few times. Every cycle is different.

It's crazy what ttc can do for you, but you need to stay rational :) I hope your GP can shed some light on the situation.

iv had a period like that before and i deff wasnt pregnant as hadnt done anything to cause it ( :bd: ) lol
i went to the doc n thy gave me something to slow the bleeding
sometimes ur body decides to mess u about n worry you for no reason as the girls have sed if it was chemical there is no point worrying urself over it huny
i had mc and got possitve test 1 week after id started bleeding so unless uvhad BFP im sure it was just a normal cycle
big :hug: tho huny

Hope it's nothing serious. Like some of the others have said, it might just be your body messing with you and clearing everything out.

One time when I was at uni I got a really heavy period that went through the pad and onto my jeans and everything. I was mortified and convinced that there was something wrong with me. I went to the doctor and told him and he wasn't concerned at all. The one before it had been lighter than usual and the one after it was about average. It seems like the lighter my periods are, the longer they last. That heavy one was only about three days, one very heavy and a couple that were about medium so hopefully it'll be the same for you. :)

*hugs*

Hi, all - well everything's ok. Seems you were all right and I massively over-panicked. Doc said it was probably just an abnormal bleed, nothing to worry about - basically Aunt Flo turned up, brought her five sisters, mother, grandmother and eight nieces. Sorry if I sounded like I was over-reacting. It was just so horrible as I've never bled like that before in my life. My underwear and trousers were soaked (sorry if you're eating). My doc is sitting there heavily pregnant herself - she said I shouldn't be worrying myself with ovulation kits. If my husband is home all the time, she said, we should be having sex every other day throughout my cycle and not to worry about doing it just when I ovulate.

Every other day!!!! Which sex dreamland is she living in? We're lucky if we have the energy to do it twice a week - lol. I just spent £60 on a digital kit so I'm bloody well going to get some use out of it. She also said because of my age, if I'm not pregnant within three months to go back and see if I need tests. Because I'm an old git I get fast-tracked!! Gotta larf sometimes.

Anyway, as I had such a traumatic night yesterday I'm going to treat myself to a wee glass of whiskey in a minute. Anyone care to join me? :D

aw hun glad she put your mind at rest.
on the not using OV kits i think it is to do with the stress can stop you getting pg, but I am using them and intend to do so til i get a bfp!
BD every other day all cycle is a lot in reality and it is just nice to know it isnt gonna make much difference when u are not ovulating! :dust:

Yes - the way the doc was talking made it sound like me and hubby were stressing ourselves out too much, which is what can happen with some couples, I suppose. But we haven't even used our digital kit yet and used the POAS last month for the first time, so we haven't got to the stressed stage just yet. We're both pretty relaxed about the whole thing at the moment (until another BFN next month - lol).

Hi, all - well everything's ok. Seems you were all right and I massively over-panicked. Doc said it was probably just an abnormal bleed, nothing to worry about - basically Aunt Flo turned up, brought her five sisters, mother, grandmother and eight nieces. Sorry if I sounded like I was over-reacting. It was just so horrible as I've never bled like that before in my life. My underwear and trousers were soaked (sorry if you're eating). My doc is sitting there heavily pregnant herself - she said I shouldn't be worrying myself with ovulation kits. If my husband is home all the time, she said, we should be having sex every other day throughout my cycle and not to worry about doing it just when I ovulate.

Every other day!!!! Which sex dreamland is she living in? We're lucky if we have the energy to do it twice a week - lol. I just spent £60 on a digital kit so I'm bloody well going to get some use out of it. She also said because of my age, if I'm not pregnant within three months to go back and see if I need tests. Because I'm an old git I get fast-tracked!! Gotta larf sometimes.

Anyway, as I had such a traumatic night yesterday I'm going to treat myself to a wee glass of whiskey in a minute. Anyone care to join me? :D

sorry you had to go through all of this... :(

How old are you if you don't mind me asking? xx

ooo yes you are still very young :) I work with a lady who just had her first at 43....i'm 35 soon by the way. feel about 53 today!! xx

I feel young - that's the problem. It's just our damned bodies that let us down :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back