Hmmmm

Hope it goes well for you. I remember telling my mum about my first when I was 18, god that was scary!
Like you say, whats the worst she can say?? Good luck x

I remember when I told my mum when I was pregnant with my first I too was 18 , "mum how do you feel about being a grandma," I said , "I'm too young !!!why ?" she replied , "no your not ." I replied , as I put her hand on my belly ,"say hello grandma " I said , I thought it was very funny and mum still tells the kids what I said even now it's a laugh, roll on Thursday I can do it again for the last time .lol xx
Do let us know how it goes with your mum ceebump , Good luck xx

I was in exactly the same situation as you! I'm 20, OH is also 20 & working.. But we were still living with my parents.. I was absolutely petrified about telling them because I thought they'd be disappointed, but they were absolutely over the moon, as were OH's parents! I also told them from the off at 5 weeks, as I'm rubbish at keeping secrets! Haha.. Let us know what they say! I'm sure you'll be fine, not alot they can do about it anyway hahaha xx

I was nervous telling my parents, even tho I'm 39 and I knew my mom wants grandkids, I knew my dad didn't. I was even more nervous telling my OHs parents because I really didn't know how they would react and my OH is only 22. We had been living together for over 2 years by that point tho. Think his mom is even more excited than my mom lol.

Told her .. She just cried and now shes telling me she doesnt want to be called nan she wants to be called 'nana' lool ..
Dads lil more witheld but smiled when my bro called him grandad grumpz lol xxx

Aww glad she reacted okay, give them time to get used to the idea and your dad will be okay to I'm sure x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Yes give them some time they'll come round I'm sure of it. Mum and you will both be ooooing and ahhhing in mothercare in no time :thumbup: . All the best xx

Last edited:
Told her .. She just cried and now shes telling me she doesnt want to be called nan she wants to be called 'nana' lool ..
Dads lil more witheld but smiled when my bro called him grandad grumpz lol xxx

That's exactly what my mum said when I told her :p I'm 19 so it was a bit of a shock to her at first but and soon as she'd calmed down her priority was not be call grandma because it sounded too old!x

i had my first child at 19 and was terrified of telling my parents! Im now 28 and on my fourth child and STILL terrified of telling them, theres always that awkward moment that u think - im actually admitting to my parents that i have sex - even though its obvious i do lmao x

Defo show her the scan photo's - thats sure to soften her heart xxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back