AAH This is great but I am exhausted!

moss

Reaction score
Jacob started to be able to roll a few weeks ago. I can't remember when exactly just now :sleep: but it's been a while. Until recently, though, he would just do it from front to back, or back to front then stay. The other day, though, I had him on his mat in the middle of the floor. That's usually a safe place to put him for a minute or to. He was on his back and he started to grumble and get tired of it. Usually by then I would have to hurry and pick him up before the temper set in, but this time he went very quiet. I looked up and he was on his tummy. It happened very, very quickly. Then I heard a funny noise and looked up again... He was half way across the room! He had rolled about six feet very quickly! At first he was pleased until he realised it was the first time he was on the bare floor (we have that floor puzzle that he usually stays on. Then, yesterday I was assembling his jumperoo (fantastic, by the way- it keeps him happy much longer than anything else!) and I had to get up every couple of minutes because he rolled under the tree, he rolled to the computer where the wires are, he rolled to the kitchen, he rolled to the arches on his mat and got jammed in the corner... I was exhausted! Then I put him in his bed so that I could wash myself up a little and I heard a very unhappy shouting, so I ran in without drying my hands and found him with his leg through the slat of his bed and his arm sort of wedged down the mattress (luckily there isn't much room there.) :( It looked sore! He was happy as soon as I picked him back up.

Now today he has been rolling around everywhere and he picked up a new trick. He rolls to wherever, gets on his tummy, swivels himself another way and rolls in another direction. D: He is mobile! I am going to need to babyproof the place! Thank goodness I am on holiday, but I don't know where to start! I actually need to go and get new shelves at Ikea because mine aren't actually that stable, but that's way on the opposite side of Edinburgh. I knew I would need to do it eventually, but not at four months!

Any tips on babyproofing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back