Sleeping on tummy

positivity :)

Reaction score
So the past 2 nights Will has rolled onto his tummy in his sleep, I put him back on his back and then he rolls over again. Is this ok? He seems much more settled on his tummy and I'm not sure how to keep him on his back but I find myself keep checking him xx

I think if they can roll it's ok, as they can stop themselves suffocating or something.

I put Henry to sleep on his tummy last night and tonight. Last night we has two 5 hour stints, and tonight he has just woken after going down at 11, so another 5 hour stint. He can hold his head and move it about so I know he can breathe. He is a lot happier and it's the most sleep I've had in one go since he was born.

Stanley has slept on his front since he was a few days old and he's fine! I nuts make sure when I put him down his head is to the side and that his cot is completely clear of toys etc!! He has always seemed to shuffle around the cot pushing off with his feet lol x

My LO prefers tummy too, and I'm planning for her to go into her own room soon so I'm getting a breathing monitor for my own peace of mind. I'd be wanting to check on her all the time if not. I think we all slept on our tums as babies as they thought it was dangerous to sleep on backs.

Own started a few weeks ago. I too rolled him back but rolls back again! I just keep n eye on him . I hate it tho x

Mum of Owen. Born 11/7/11 @ 19.17pm weighing 7lb 12 oz :)

You can get a 'sleep positioner' from Kiddicare that will stop them rolling over x

Alice has started doing this. As long as they can roll back they'll be ok

Thanks girls, I'l have a look at that lou.

He sleeps so much better on his tummy! He always sleeps thru but does leg raises all night :roll: on his tummy tho he just settles problem is I'm not sleeping thru checking him lol xx

Its still not safe, even if LO can roll and has good head control. Sorry I know its not what you wanted to hear, I really wish I could put my LO on his tummy to sleep, he can roll & has great head control, but even with him choking and going blue, doc & HV still said he's at greater risk of something happening due to lying on tummy, rather than the choking. ie the SIDS risk is worse than the reflux choking risk. What I do is, I check him every so often & if I see him i turn him over, so he doesn't get used to it. There is something you can buy called a tucker sling which keeps babies in the right position

xxxxxxxx

Ok thanks LM I'l have a look. Do u still not think it's safe even with one of those monitors that check LO is breathing etc? X

I was thinking that pos, coz i have one of them too, just worried coz it only goes off if LO stops breathing for so many seconds. I'm seeing a paediatrician in a cpl of weeks about this reflux so i'll ask them, coz i'd rather Kayden was on his tummy.

xxxxxx

In Norway doctors say that if they can roll over to their tummys, than that's okay, that they can sleep this way! I sleep on my tummy and would hate if someone turned me around..lol! But you have to do what you Think is best!!

xx

Funny how different doctors say different things?? Pos if he is rolling over then I personally wouldn't worry too much. It's entirely upto how you feel comfortable. Trust your instincts! X

Jack start rolling onto his tummy about 2 months ago and now spends the majority of the night on his tummy stuffed in the corner of his cot! He's been fine and sleeps a good 9hrs at night now. If they roll over they roll over, what can we do? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back