Im such a bad Mum !!!!!

Princess_Puddles

Reaction score
Just come round to my Mums for the day & as shes got 3 cats i can't put Harry on the floor so i put him on the sofa and sat with him for a sec whilst he drifted off, went out the room and cooked some soup came back in to check on Harry and he was awake, turned my back for a second and he rolled off the sofa and onto the floor :cry: :cry: I cant believe how irresponsible and stupid i am, i dont deserve him! :cry: Hes never rolled right over before & only a couple of times rolled onto his front :cry:
He seems ok in his self, playing with a plastic bag at the moment (keeping a very close eye on him) he loves the sound of them!

Oh dear. Why can't you put him on the floor because of the cats? I would shut the out of the room (if you are not supervising 100% of the time) and just put down a towel for him to lie on if you are worried about cat hairs etc. We have 2 cats at home.

Also I would take away the plastic bag, it is amazing how fast they get things into their mouths before you realise what they have done.

o hun, dont beat urself up about it!!
Jamies fallen out of bed with us before and hes fine, a little bump wont hurt!
a bad mum would b one who leaves her kid alone for hours while she goes out to the pub and ur definitely not a bad mum!!!
:hug: :hug: :hug:

My Mum Doesnt have a door on her Living room unfortunately & have taken away the plastic bag, he was just playing with it never got near his mouth

Thats good. Since Ellie was 4months old EVERYTHING goes to her mouth, one second her hand has touched next it is in her mouth. She managed to shuff and entire Happy Feet penguin into her mouth!!! It was one of the ones without any stuffing in it body. Its a nice day, shut the cats outside for an hour or so (assuming they are not house cats?)

Hunny your not a bad mum at all, babies will have tumbles sum times in their lives, it happens to all of em and you are n ot to blame for this, he is ok hunny hugs to you :hug:

Olivia has fallen off my bed before, and she fell off the sofa when brooke was holding her and decided to leave her on the sofa alone :roll:

Your not a bad mummy, almost every mum experiences their child falling of a sofa or a bed, it's not your fault and it cant be helped!

We all learn from our mistakes so im sure it wont happen again!

Your a great mummy so dont put yourself down!

Don't beat yourself up about it hun - accidents happen. You're a great mummy :hug:

hun things happen - when i was 9 and my mum had had my brother she left me in the house for 2 mins while she went next door, my bruv was laid on the sofa, and me being me (miss nosey!) i saw someone out the window so ran to the window and next second i heard a thud and my brother had rolled off the sofa and fell onto the floor!!!!!

i felt so bad after and was so scared - but things happen darlin' dont beat yourself up about it - your a good mum believe me hun :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

These things happen to pretty much every Mum, all you can do is learn each time it happens, you can't have eyes on the back of your head and you can guarrantee that if they are going to do something, it will be when you aren't looking :roll:
Don't beat yourself up, you're a great Mummy :hug: :hug:

oh god im a mum of three and i cant count the amount of times mine have falln off things bumped there heads you cant remember all the time it really does just happen but i totally understand how you feel i felt awful when mine hurt themselves or i left them sleeping on my bed for a minute and they fell off honestly i think everyone does it at some point :hug:

Thankyou all :hug: You've made me feel a bit better, still bit upset that i could be so stupid to let it happen, hes only 4 months :cry:

if your a bad mum god knows what it makes me :lol:

dont feel bad hun, its normal most babies by the age of 1 will have had a good few bangs and falls.
it takes 1 second and thats all. today i left the breaks of my buggy to find the kids on the other side of the road :shock: lucky i live in a coldi-sac!

im sure Harry is fine and dont remember it now. Harley is so used to falling he giggles now :oops:

ps Harley loves playing with bags to, but give him a pack of baby wipes makes the same noise but cant suffercate :)

Hun u are miles away from being a bad mum would a bad mum be upset like u are??
harry will have hundred of knock etc as he gets older and everytime u will blame urself but there not its boys being boys and growing up
so please dont think ur a bad mum coz ur not u love ur lil boy and everyone can see that

awww hun your not a bad mum nad belive me its one of many bumps to came hannah is always falling dont worry you cant wrap them in cotton wool :hug:

well today me & Louie were at my friends house & Louie was sitting up on the front room floor (carpeted) he can sit really well, but i turbed my head for literally 1 second & he fell backwards :cry:
i was so upset as he cried like he was really upset, bless him.
i'm a mum of 3 & things do happen hun & we all learn from all of these things.
hope Harry is ok :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back