aaahhhh!!!! which pram to buy?

mirella

Reaction score
aaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!!

after looking and looking and looking everywhere I haven't found a pram yet!!!!!

I'm looking for something lightweigth (I'm only 5' 2" and kind of weaky), it needs to convert to a stroller and have a compatible car seat.

I would also love that when it is in stroller mode faces towards me, to interact with the baby.

What have you bought and have you got experience with any in particular???

I've been looking at the Mamas & Papas Pliko Switch 2-in-1, and the Silver Cross 3D.

Any recommendation girls, I'm very confused!!!!!!

Just remember not all car seats fit every car - in fact I had to change my car as only one car seat would fit it (I had a Landrover Freelander) and the car seat was not compatible with any pushchair, so my suggestion would be to go into a shop and see which car seats fit your car, and then it will limit the choice of pushchairs available.........slightly different way of doing things!

Thank you, I never thought about that!!! :wall:

We've got a Ford Focus so hopefully I will have a wide range to choose!!!!!

mirella I am in the same dilemma as you.The 3D doesnt face parent though in pushchair mode, you need the silver cross linear freeway for that (kiddicare site). Im interested in the pliko 2 in 1 but it is a lot of money.

mirella said:

Your welcome - we never thought about it much either and got a huge shock........think we just thought all seats would pretty much fit all cars, but they dont!!!

I would also recommend you get a seat that has a fixed base for the car....saves having to mess around with seatbelts everytime!

Happy shopping!

I have a mondeo which I assumed would be easy when finding car seats. An assistant in John Lewis informed me that fords are rubbish for car seats as their seat belts are not very long!

We haven't tried yet...

Dont worry I havent found one yet either :(

Grako seem to make nice ones that fold up small and easilly!

I was going for the 3d one but after playing with it realised it doesnt fold very well or very small and its quite heavy...

Go to babies r us and have a play thats what we did xx

I've just ordered the out n about nipabout, its nice and light, the seat can face you or away, i think this one might tick all the boxes. It's definatly worth a google.

mirella said:

One of the assistants in Mothercare said that Ford Focus' don't have very long seatbelts so not all car seats will fit. Definately worth checking out before choosind a pram.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back