Am I being a bit hasty??

Jaidy

Reaction score
Yesterday we ordered the pram!!!!!!!!!

Decided on a Mamas and Papas Pliko 2 in 1 Switch, see below:-

http://www.mamasandpapas.co.uk/product- ... 00/type-i/

I love it, its like the usual Pliko Pramette but it can face both ways and you can fold it up in both pram/pushchair mode without removing any parts.

I also ordered the car seat today from Mothercare :oops: we decided on a Maxi Cosi Cabrio, my son has one of these in the toddler size and its great so following in its example.

Do you think im being a bit hasty ordering all this now??????? Im only 18 weeks on Sunday and havent had my 20 week scan yet, do you think im tempting fate? I wont be keeping the car seat here it will be going to mums, as will the pram!

I just had some spare money so thought id put it to good use before I fritter it!

Iv gott he same pram as you its great isnt it :)
I dont think your being hasty, Iv bought nearly everything already :lol:

no sweetie ur not if i had the koney i would have done the same by now aswell, but cos im skint not buying anything till new yr :hug:

Thats the pram I want!!!! I have been umming and ahhing over so many now but this is the one i always come back to, Im just waiting to see if its going to go in the sale.

Jaidy, does the carseat you have bought go on the frame?

I havent got anything!!

I better get my bum in gear lol xx

Scones, it lush isnt it!!!! I didnt like the other colours, so had to go for the Indigo :D

No, the car seat doesnt go on the frame, but to me this isnt a big deal at all. Its more important for baby to be laid and flat and really in the car seat as little as possible, so I will just take baby out of car and into the pram. I dont see the point in having a pram section if your going to put baby in the car seat and push it along if that makes sense? Its conveniant to some, but I hardly used my last pram as a travel system, so am going for a better quality car seat. Mamas and Papas have not had great reviews on their car seats!

This is the car seat we went for:-

http://www.mothercare.com/Maxi-Cosi-Cab ... 1&mcb=core

I already have the same pram - but I got the other colour and saved myself £190! I actually prefer the other colour too, which is a bonus!! I didn't get the car seat for the same reasons as you.

The way I see it, I'm not at all superstitious, so I don't believe it's 'tempting fate' or anything like that - it makes sense to spread the cost and grab bargains when you see them!

One word of warning though - when we put ours together, one of the bits that was pre-assembled had been put together back to front in the factory. It took us ages to work out why it wouldn't fit together properly!! :wall:

Yes Chopsie, have heard so many dodgy things about M& P car seats :?

Il bear that it mind when we come to assemble it, how did you find out in the end that they had put it back together wrong? Must have been like trying to solve a jigsaw puzzle!

It seems this pram is so popular, im glad I chose it!!!!

I think its a great pram.
But then again if its so great why have they reduced it to half price? :think:

jazzmum2be said:
I think its a great pram.
But then again if its so great why have they reduced it to half price? :think:

Its only the Empire colour they have reduced to half price. Not the Indigo or the Balmain.

Perhaps that colour isnt very popular?

Oh yeah true :)
I personally quite like the reduced colour, it does look nicer in real life. The pictures dont really do it justice :)

jazzmum2be said:
Oh yeah true :)
I personally quite like the reduced colour, it does look nicer in real life. The pictures dont really do it justice :)

I can see where your coming from, the pictures in general arent that good are they, I was trying to work out if the Balmain was chocolate brown or black! I think its chocolate brown. :think:

Wish they did do them in more exciting colours, thats the only downfall I can see!

I would of loved a pushchair in lime green or a real funky colour!
Only seen a few that are bright colours though and they didnt really take my fancy.

I love that pram apart from the handles!!

Im so picky im struggling to find a pram i like.

I like the single handed push chairs, the silver cross ones are nice but I just cant find them ANYWHERE!!

Sighh xx lol

Mothercare do some silver cross ones.
& If you go onto the silvercross website you can order the catalouge and order it from there :)

I feel the same as you Jaidy, I wont be using the carseat on my chassis either, I cant stand seeing bubbas all squished up when im in town.I guess its ok for short trips but thats all. Id rather a 2 handled pushchair as its somewhere to hang my handbag-a luxury I missed when my son grew out of his buggy all those years ago. I was shown the mothercare my3 and my4 today and although its brill its single handed and the shopping basket isnt really a basket, more like a pocket.

Ive decided, pliko 2 in 1 in indigo is for me too.Theres a new one on ebay for £315 inc postage!

we have our pram too. my 20 week scan isnt til tuesday when il actually be nearly 22 weeks!

my hubby had me put it together yesterday so he could play with it! he loves the suspension on ours! anyone would think hes talking about a car or bike!!!!!

jazzmum2be said:
I would of loved a pushchair in lime green or a real funky colour!
Only seen a few that are bright colours though and they didnt really take my fancy.

ours is grey with bright orange! not my ideal choice, bit too loud for me, but its actually a perfect pram other than the colour, and a bargain too!

scones said:
Id rather a 2 handled pushchair as its somewhere to hang my handbag-a luxury I missed when my son grew out of his buggy all those years ago. !

Haha this made me giggle as the reason i want a 1 handled one is so its easier to control when im on the phone!! HAHA us girlies aye? xx

Jaidy said:
Yes Chopsie, have heard so many dodgy things about M& P car seats :?

Il bear that it mind when we come to assemble it, how did you find out in the end that they had put it back together wrong? Must have been like trying to solve a jigsaw puzzle!

It seems this pram is so popular, im glad I chose it!!!!

It was the foldable hood bit - they'd put the fabric over the frame back to front, so when you attached it it didn't fold properly. It was quite easy to sort out though as all the fabric is removable and washable - once we'd figured out what was wrong that is!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back