a wee bit sad.

sarafet

Reaction score
i'm due on june 11th..

my best friend who lives in london is coming home for the summer on the 5th of june, but she's just told me she's going on holiday on the 13th june for 2 weeks :(

then my mum just phoned to tell me they've booked a holiday at the start of july - her, my dad, younger brother and sister :( i know she feels bad, and they totally deserve a holiday, i just feel a bit nervous because then i'll REALLY be on my own with the baby :(

also the fact that my friend KNEW i was due around then, now she more than likely won't meet my little man until she's back :(

uhhh.. sorry just needed to moan :(

:hug: hun u will be fine

you never know your baby might be early and even if it isnt then you will be great, you can bond and im sure you will get on just fine x

aawww :hug:

I hope babies plays the game and comes at a time you can share it all with your loved ones :pray: :hug:

My mum and dad have done the same.
I think it is about 3 weeks after my due date they go on holiday and 2 of my friends went on holiday today.
Just think of it as a positive..at least we will get a bit a quite time with baby and our OH and by the time they return we will be feeling a bit more confident with baby and prob a bit more hospitable (sp??)

Don't worry hun..you'll be fine.
:hug:

Aww Sarah :hug: I can kind of sympathise (although I imagine it's tougher for you) but I had my scan last weekend and my Dad's never been in touch and I wanted to show him the DVD and he's never got back to me about it and doesn't seem bothered at all, I thought he would so I understand your disappointment :hug:

I'm sure baby will arrive at a perfect time so everyone gets a long ol' cuddle and helps you out when you need them :hug: xx

Hi hun,

Bless you.
You will be fine honest and if you ever need any advice then I know all the ladies on here would be glad to help.
You will be so busy and sleeping inbetween feeds etcc that you won't have much time to worry.

:hug: i'm sure bubs will arrive in good time and by the time they all go on hols you might be glad of the peace and quiet and time to bond alone with your LO :hug:

:hug: :hug: Don't apologise for the moan, your entitled to it.

My parents are going on holiday for 2 weeks in September, although I am due July I am panicking a tad. Mainly as I know I'll be phoning my mum constantly for advice with the baby and when she goes away I feel I will be alone.

Aww hun can sympathise with you too :hug:

My family all live a 1hr 30min - 2hr train ride away and OH is saying that he will only be taking 1 week off when bubs arrives...then I'm on my own :shock: Most of my friends live in other towns too as I didn't grow up here.

At least we get some special time to bond with just us and our babies :hug:

aww thanks girls, you are all so lovely :hug:

i feel a bit better now :) mum came round earlier and she was apologising and asking if i wanted her to cancel :rotfl:

basically mum and dad were supposed to be going on a cruise in november, but they cancelled it because when they went away the other month - my little sister got really ill, some of you might remember my post - she's diabetic :( anyways - they tried to cancel the cruise and get their money back, but it turned out they would be losing most of the money, and the only other option was to book another holiday :|

i'm happy that they are going because they've all had a tough year and a holiday will do them good, i'm just a bit apprehensive about being by myself because i know my mum will be a big help when the little man gets here.

it's true though that i'll probably appreciate the time to bond and get used to doing things myself with the little man :)

thanks again girls :hug:

Awww, I hope that baby comes in goo time and your best friend and family get to meet him before they jet of on hols. As the other have said, you might be glad of the peace by then too.
:hug: :hug: :hug:

My mother and OH mother are going away at the same time at the end of June so I'm hoping baby doesn;t come then, we won't know where to begin :lol:

Alex xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back