a smoking rant

rach

Reaction score
sorry just need somewhere to come and let off steam about my miserable self :oops: i gave up smoking as soon as i got my bfp and not had 1 since so its been about 11 weeks and the 1st few weeks i found really hard then it got easier and now all of a sudden out of the blue 2 days ago ive been craving a ciggy terrible i really really want 1 grrrrrrr im so mad as i thought the hard bit was over yet here we go again
ive got 2 beautiful babies in my belly and theres no way im going to put them under any risk i just wish id never been so stupid as to start smoking again after having christopher and i wouldnt be going through this again im so mad at how stupid i am grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr grrrrrrrrrr grrrrrrrrrrrr grrrrrrrrrrrr :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
so so stupid :evil:
ok rant over sorry not looking for any replies just thought it might help if i wrote something down and it has xxxxxxxxxxx

Hey hun, I have never smoked but I have seen other people give upoand seen how tough it is. You are changing a behaviour and it will take time and there are times when you will really want a cigerette. There are also times when you will lapse but instead of concentrating on the fact you lapsed,concentrate on how well you have done. But you have done amazingly well. Would it help to write down reasons for and against smoking - to remind you why, or save your money that you would spend on fags and see how much you are saving for baby stuff????

Keep it up hun, you are fab!!!!!!!!! And your children will be so proud ofyou X

Know exactly what you mean, i found it so easy wth Hope but this time im struggling like mad :hug:

Hiya rach, i was asmoker for the best part of 14 years and gave up before DS was born and then started after he was born and was still smoking when i got my bfp with DD.

Like you i totally regret and wish i hadnt of started smoking again after DS arrived, but i did and the best thing i did was give up alltogether. For my health and staying alive for my kids.

You have done the hardest bit by giving up - it is bloody hard and i know how you feel - but keep telling yourself you dont want to expose those beautiful babies to cigerette smoke and your DS as well. You dont need to smoke hun, if you want to smoke chew some gum and do something with your DS.

Stopping smokingis the hardest thing too do and you have done the hardest part and thats quiting.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: appluad yourself hun, you CAN DO IT!!!

Hun you shouldn't be mad at yourself you should be giving yourself a pat on the back! You haven't smoked for 11 weeks!
Yay Go Rach! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Giving up smoking is one of the hardest thing to do and you have done it twice now. Ok so you had a little relapse, you're only human! The only point here is that you are not smoking now when its most important. Forget the past hun, you are doing so well :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I gave up a month before my BFP but have found from second tri onward I crave a cigarette at odd times. I think it is quite normal too crave and is probably a pregnancy thing. I also love the smell of smoke too although try not to hang out near people smoking too well. However much I want one, there is no way I'm going to give in though.

It is very annoying though - I do understand how you feel :hug:

Hey First f all - you are doing REALLY WELL - CONGRATULATIONS!!!
You have come a long way already...you can keep going! Thing is that you will probably always want a ciggie occasionally. I gave up nearly four years ago and i still have my moments :wall: :wall:

I was told once by a friend who is a doctor, that he had given up thirty years ago and he STILL wants a cigarette on occasion :shock: , what makes him a non smoker is that he doesnt have one! (Dont know if that makes sense)

On a practical front i think what helped me most was to accept that I would want one sometimes and to voice it. My OH and I gave up at the same time, and we would make a point of telling each other "boy i would love a fag, now" and then decide what to do, have a cuppa, go for a walk, distraction tactics, iykwim. :lol:

Hope this helps, chick, :hug: :hug: :hug:

Lisa

thanks so much everyone :hug: am really struggling but i will get there im having 1 bad day 1 good day at moment but am getting through the bad days which is good :D o/h smokes which doesnt help as i can constantly smell it on him when hes home :( i dont have smoking in the house at all because of the kids havent for a long long time so house is smokefree but o/h stinks of it and when your craving its really hard to constantly smell it :( :( :( i know i will get there
thanks so much everyone for your support it means a lot :hug: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

thats rotten that your oh is still smoking. He should be giving up in support of you.! You tell him I said that.!!!!!!!

You are doing very well :D

It'll get easier hun, I promise. I gave up 6 years ago and sometimes I hate smokers I'm so jealous they can still have a cigarette!

There are days when it's very hard to resist but you kind of get used to ignoring that desire (if that makes any sense) and the ignoring gets easier.

I know that I will always be a smoker who just happens to choose not to smoke at the moment and the longer I go without a cigarette the more I feel I'd have wasted all I been through not smoking the last 6 years if I have one.

I also found the way I thought about it made a difference, try not to think about never smoking again, instead think "I'm not smoking today" or "I'm not smoking this week" or "this month" whichever time period is easiest for you to cope with.

Good luck hun and congratulations for giving up :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back