A nice few days :-)

Crackers

Reaction score
I've not been online for a few weeks. Some of you may have seen my thread about family troubles (my uncle dying, and SIL going through separation..) We had the funeral last week, which was really really sad and horrible :-(

Anyway, Thursday we had another growth scan and for the first time our report came back from the midwives with just one note: "normal"!! We were so pleased. They still want to see us back in 2 weeks again, but I think that's more just to follow protocol than anything else. We're not in for a 9lber(!) but our little bubba seems to be growing just perfectly :lol:

Then Friday I had a MW appointment, again good news: Bubs is head down and in a really good position. Maybe some engagement will be seen next week!

Then Saturday my mum had arranged a surprise baby shower for me! Me and hubby were meant to be going round there for dinner, but when we arrived she'd set up the living room and dining room with balloons and banners, and loads of cupcakes, plus a big cake shaped like a pregnant woman (she makes cakes semi-professionally in her spare time). It was gorgeous - I cried! ha ha! Hubby was in on the whole thing. A lot of family came (guys and girls), plus a few close friends. My mum had told all the guys that the rules for men coming were to bring a pack of nappies. So we've got loads now! :) We got some dummies, bibs, muslin squares, a rattle and a few soft toys, and lots of baby toiletries - basically all the stuff we hadn't yet had a chance to get! It was lovely.

Pretty self indulgent thread...oops! But it's good to be back - hello newbies!
x

Good to see you back, but sorry for everything that's been going on.

Baby shower sounds fab, and cake mmmm cake lol

Aww that sounds lovely.

Sorry for your loss, but glad things have been good this week :)

:wave: what a lovely surprise re the baby shower and bonus that you got everything that u needed too :) cake deffo sounds nice :lol:

x

It was yummy girls! There's still some in the fridge :eek:)

Aw, c'mon, share it out!! :)
Glad things are looking better for you and all's well with baby!

Baby shower sounds like a lively way to round off what has been some rough weeks for you x

Its good you've managed to come back to the pf of can't be easy. The baby shower sounds amazing! Its really nice having family and friends together before baby arrives and to bring some jog back into the family after such sad times. I was meant to have one which my mum was also arranging. However due to my grandad having a stroke we had to be caring for him and she is now settling him back in his own home whilst on rehab, do it never happened. We may just do something after now!! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back