• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Horrible few days

skatty

Reaction score
I could scream with frustration!!!!

I have been posting on the symptons thread but basically since Thursday night I have unbearable itching of the feet. I saw my midwife on Friday and was given a test for Obstetric Cholestasis, a livér condition that occurs in less than 1% of pregnancys. I didn't hear from her but suffered so badly over the weekend I slept less than 3 hours in total as the itching comes at night. I went back today and my liver biles in the blood are slowly elevating but not high enough to start me on medication.

I've been an emotional wreck through lack of sleep and frustration and have to go back next Monday for another test. My DH was great and insisted that I at least get something to help me sleep so they gave me 4 nights worth of sleeping pills so hopefully they will work.

I have to say that its thanks to zsuzx that I have been made aware of the condition and I would greatly reccommend everyone reads the sticky about it again as it can get really serious and lead to a stillbirth. Luckily mine has been caught really early and I will be monitered for the rest of my pregnancy but I have done a lot of research over the weekend and there are many people that haven't been lucky because even some doctors and nidwives aren't aware of it.

On a brighter note I was put on a moniter and my baby is fine and strong. I'm going to try and get some sleep now as the itching is starting and I want to try and get some sleep :pray: I'll catch up on the other posts tomorrow. Nighty night xx

:hug: hun, glad to hear baby is ok. Hope the itching goes soon x

I've only just noticed this and other thread, sorry

I am glad the sticky helped you as there is barely any referance in baby books about it.

I know it is hard but try not to think about it too much and catch sleep when you can as if you do have OC it can leave you exhausted with the night itching

I found a Magicool spray really helped to relive some of my symptons at night

:hug: hope you feel better soon adn if it is OC they will soon have you on meds and moniter you constantly :hug:

jo said:
I am glad the sticky helped you as there is barely any referance in baby books about it.

I know what you mean jo in th pregnancy book I brought when pregnant with lily this is what it said.

some itching during pregnancy is normal. see the doctor if itching becomes more severe

and the only reason I saw that is because I look for it pacificatly (sp) to see if there was anything about OC lol

xSuzx

Hope you feel better soon chick :hug: . I've been having night itching too and thanks to the sticky thread have had a blood test. Will get my results tomorrow.

good luck miracle babe

hope they come back clear.

xSuzx

glad they are sorting thing out, and hope the itching gets better

You poor thing, that sounds horrendous! :shock:

I hope you manage to get some rest, this is SO not what you need :hug:

oh that must be terrible Skatty. Im glad you're being looked after though and baby is well. :hug: :hug:

Hi and thanks everyone :D

I feel like I'm going mad because I am sure that I answered this post already :? It must be the sleeping pill :lol: It worked a treat, I woke up a few times and knew my feet were itching but felt like they didn't belong to me! Different story when I woke up though, I had to soak them in ice water for an hour and they're still itching :wall:

Miracle babe, I hope your tests come back ok. Where are you itching?

Jo thanks so much for the sticky, it really helped to know exactly what's going on because although the midwives are helpful they are not so good at explaining everything.

Cheers again everyone :hug:

Awww Skatty really sorry to hear you have had a bad few days - glad that you have managed to get a few hours sleep now, things always seem brighter then. Great news that the results of your bloods came back ok and that baby Leorah is fighting fit, at least that's of some reassurance. Take care of yourself.

ih skatty you poor thing :( I'm glad they are taking note and hopefully will give you medication and keep an eye on you now :hug:

Thank you everyone :hug:

My intuition tells me it wont get better but at least they will know if it gets worst. I feel so much better after last nights sleep, I think the tiredness was making me extra emotional. My itching is starting already tonight, it seems to start earlier and stay later each day so far :(

Has MiracleBabe had her results back yet?

Oh man Skatty that has got to suck really bad! Im so glad you knew to go get help for it straight away though hun! Its really scary what can happen if its not watched.

You and baby sound like you are in safe hands though hun. Just think if you were back home you would probably still be waiting for a doctors appointment! (I've noticed health care is way better here but i suppose thats the joys of private care and not the NHS)

Rest up ok and im going to try to give you a call on Thursday if thats ok? :hug:

Thanks Melanie :hug:

I actually have a friend coming to see me for the day Thursday ( its a rare event!) but thanks for the thought, we definitely will catch up properly!

I have slept the last 2 nights thanks to sleeping pills and feel so much better. I also read on an alternative treatment site to drink as much water as possible to help detox the liver and it might be psychological but it seeems to have helped!

It is good that my midwife took the itching seriously because later in pregnancy the bile levels can rise high and very quickly which can cause still birth. I read on a US suíte that women with this condition deliver between 36 and 37 weeks as this greatly lowers any risk. I am being monitered and hopefully my levels wont go higher as they can also stabilise so they are not doing too much harm as now.

It has all been a bit scary though as I have been sailing through so far and so that was a bit of a shock. I feel really positive now and just feel lucky that the heatwave isn't on :lol:

I hope we can catch up soon, although I didn't realise you were a geordie so expect a lot of Pardon, sorry...just one more time :rotfl:

Lol Katt, im glad you have a friend coming over! Just let me know when is good for you - mabe one day next week?

I will try my very best to tone down the northern in me lol, i promise not to say things like pet, hinny and had-away :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back