Bad few days...

laura dec 1988

Reaction score
Hey girls :)

I need a bit of advice.

On friday night my feet and hands swelled up to the point were i cud not walk on my feet as they were that painful. My ankles and knuckles completley disappeared and i had pins and needles from the knees downwards in both legs for about 40 mins and then again when i got into bed.

I elavated my legs to above my heart...as my pregnancy book tells me to, but no change!! They were really painful and coz if the pins and needles i cud not walk on them (also had no sleep at all :(. They swelled up in the space of an hour and have gone down a lot over last few days, but are still really sore and the pins and needles are still there a lot of the time. Im also gettin really strong bad headaches.....

Someone please shed some light for me as im going flippin mad lol

thanks girls.

p.s midwife is 2moz so will mention it then too

xx

If the swelling is that bad id ring the assessment unit as headaches & swelling can be an indication of pre-eclampsia. xxx

shud i not wait to see my mw 2moz hun, wud u call straight away??

MY hands are swollen today, my feet only slightly but i had the pins and needles this
mornin for about 1/2 hour when i got up. Iv had the constant headache since fri its driving me
insane now

xx

Hey, sorry to butt in (seen as im not in my third tru yet - just wanted to have a nost ;] ) but severe headaches could be a sign of high blood pressure, and with the added swollen hands + feet.. can never be too careful. Id ring the midwife or hospital if i was you.
xx

my midwifes fone has been off the last hour....:(

and the docs are closed for lunch hour

xx

They have told me to fone the delivery suite and see if they advice me to go....

But the doc said i shud go anyway :eek: im scared lol

xx

:hug: you'll be fine hun. They'll assess you to see whats causing your symptoms, make sure your blood presure's not going crazy. :hug: keep us updated and follow doctors orders!!!

I will hun foned then and there gunna call me bk within next 15 mins.

My bp has always been spot on....everything is pointing to pre-eclampsia and im shitting it

xx

:hug: they've just got to be cautious about this kind of thing. Stay calm hun, they've seen this hundreds of times before. Im sure you'll be home soon feeling reassured xxx

Urgh, its rubbish when these things happen aint it? As tiny said, they are just being cautious. Better that than them not caring! All will be fine im sure, let us know how things go xxxx

Hey just saw this, how are you??
Fingers crossed it's not pre eclampsia!
I had a healthy wee Eva at 33weeks due to severe pre eclampsia so although it's worrying, the docs are great at dealing with it
Fingers crossed it's just Evie playing tricks on you huni
xxx

how are you today? did you go into the hospital! hope your ok hun! x

Thinking abut you, hope things are okay - keep us updated x

Hello girlies and guys.

Well i got out of hosp on tues night after been monitered closely. Its not pre eclampsia :)

I have abnormal antibodies in my blood and im anemic so nothing too much to worry about. Im 29 weeks today and measurin at 34 (OMG) lol. So had my growth scan this morning and baby is big by measurment. Im have to go back to hosp on monday to be tested for diabetes and anouther growth scan in 3 weeks.

Been told my docs to pull mat leave forward at work and need to start taking it a lot more easily.

hope ur all well

xxx

Glad you're ok :hug: Hope the GT test is ok on Monday, and you're relaxing as much as you can! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back