A little worried...

HeppiBean

Reaction score
Ok, I know I shouldn't be complaining... But I seem to be sleeping an awful lot recently. People keep telling me to "make the most of it" and "enjoy it while you can" but honestly there's nothing to enjoy. I'm either sleeping, or so tired I feel like I'm about to fall asleep! There's no feeling of 'yeh I'v had a good sleep, feeling better now', if you know what I mean... I just wanted to see if any of you ladies thought maybe the amount of sleep I'm getting was anything to worry about...

Since yesterday morning...
I woke up at about 4am yesterday after maybe 6 hours sleep.
I went back to sleep at around 8.
Woke up at half 3.
Fell asleep at half 9.
Woke up at 1.
Back to sleep at 3.
Woke up at 7.
Back to sleep about 8.
Woke up at 2.
Back to sleep about 5.
And I've just woken up again (about 9)...

It just doesn't seem normal... Especially considering I have absolutely NO energy in between and just want to lay in bed... I've even started feeling sick and losing my appetite, seemingly, just because I'm so tired..... It's probably nothing, and I'm being silly... But I'm a worrier :/ And if it is normal then some reassurance would be nice :)

Thanks in advance ladies

Katie xx

when is your 28 appointment?? i think you need to get your blood checked as you could be anemic so need iron tablets xx

On Tuesday I'm having my next anti-D and my bloods done, then I'm seeing my midwife for the results the following Thursday. It was the fact that tiredness can be a sign of gestational diabetes and anaemia that were worrying me :/

I do have a history of anaemia as well, whenever I go to give blood have to take iron tablets for 6 weeks before hand otherwise my iron count always ends up being too low x

Yer you might be anemic, I know my tiredness has hit me the last couple of days but not as bad as that! X

I'm sat here now and I feel like the living dead.... Argh... Gonna have something to eat in a bit then go back to bed... x

I think its worth a mention at your next appointment hun , I know tiredness is normal but it does sound like your struggling and could well be anemic . Hope you feel better xx

I'd just like to be able to stay awake for a day at least :( lol. I guess I'll see how thing's go when I have my bloods next week but til then I'll get back on the pregnacare tablets. Stopped taking them cause they're huge(!) and hurt my throat but I can cope with a couple of weeks til the results... They might help a bit x

I have def been feeling more tired lately but I am actually sleeping less rather than more. Your sleeping pattern def needs to be addressed hun. A blood test will answer your worries - I would def tell midwife in hope that you get the results quicker.

It might also be an idea to keep a record of your sleeping pattern and show it to midwife when your there x

I have def been feeling more tired lately but I am actually sleeping less rather than more. Your sleeping pattern def needs to be addressed hun. A blood test will answer your worries - I would def tell midwife in hope that you get the results quicker.

It might also be an idea to keep a record of your sleeping pattern and show it to midwife when your there x

I started keeping a record yesterday so that I could work out how much I'd been sleeping... But I'll keep going and show her at my next appointment. Will deffo mention it at the hospital next week as well and see what they say xx

Think its a good idea getting checked. I am sleeping a lot myself at the moment. My sleep pattern is:

9.30 get up
11.30/12.00 go back to bed
3.30 get up
1.00 go to sleep.

Then I wake at odd times through the night. Although after writing it down, I am not sleeping excessively really. I think it is boredom a bit as well. I find doing nothing makes you more tired than when you have something to do!

Xx

I was out last night at a mates party, was a good night and all but we had to leave early (only half 9) cause I was falling asleep on her sofa lol x

Deffo worth getting it checked! A check up won't do any harm! Shame you has to leave your party early!

Xx

Yerr :( was the first time I'd seen them all in months cause I've moved and live quite a way from them now (purely because none of us drive) but OH and I are have decided we're going to have a party here after LO has arrived and his mum said she would look after her for the night. Kind of a "yay the baby's here" / "katie can relax a bit more again" / "late flat warming" (was pregnant when we moved in so it never happened) lol so I'll see them then if not before :) x

That sounds a lovely idea! Hopefully then you won't be too tired from looking after the baby! Lol you will just have to stay away from the sofa or drink loads of strong coffee beforehand!! :D

Xx

As soon as she's here first thing Im doing is getting back on me black coffee!! I miss it sooooo much lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back