Can't sleep....

jodied

Reaction score
Hey ladies

I love my sleep 

Normally I fall asleep at about 11pm and go right through to 7am when my work alarm goes off or maybe 8am on weekends with maybe one quick loo trip in the night.

A couple of nights ago I woke up at 2.45am popped to the loo and was then wide awake until 4.15am when I managed to drop back off. At 5.00am I woke up with cramp in my leg  and didn't really sleep well after that.

Last night slept straight through 11am to 7am and then managed to doze off again at 8am and didn't wake up til 10am 

Tonight went to bed at 11pm and straight to sleep but woke up at 1.30am and been wide awake ever since 

Baby wriggling lots whilst I'm awake. Is this just my body preparing me for the sleepless nights to come? Anything I can do? Any tips!?

Sorry for long post and rant!

Jodie x

Sleep deprivation is something i have found very frustrating especially in my last trimester.

From loo trips, to hot sweats, wind, cramp and crazy dreams. I have been extremely thankful for my maternity leave as it has enabled me to have much needed naps in the day time. Perhaps this is something you could try? There is nothing worse than feeling tired and run down during pregnancy.

I'd tell your partner how you feel as this may trigger some kind gestures of offering to do odd bits around the house while you relax as much as possible.

:hugs:

Hey, I drifted off about 5ish, after being awake since 01:39 exactly!!

Your right though, as soon as im awake, baby seems to be awake, kicking and thumping like mad - I wonder if thats because im awake?

I was then awake since half 7, and I have a 5 mile walk with my dog today, with a group of people - god, im going to feel it later, lol!

Hope you managed to get some sleep in the end hun.....
x

I managed to drop off at about 4.30am in the end and I've not long woken up. I don't mind so much at weekends because as you say Emma I can have naps in the day then but not planning on going on mat leave yet so just don't want this happening lots on work nights! FX it was just a blip and I'll get back to proper sleep! xxx

I dread night times now! I wake up so many times in the night, and most nights have to come read in the living room to trying to get back to sleep. So frustrating. People say it is to prepare, but I think it's cos I'm soooo uncomfortable!!

It's horrible not getting a good sleep. Try having a bath before bed every night, it works ok for me.

Aww bless you jennilisane! Big :hug: and hope to see your labour watch soon.

Thanks PP I agree a bath is relaxing but the only thing is that I need a shower in the morning to wake me up for work so quite often don't fancy doing both! x

Aww bless you jennilisane! Big :hug: and hope to see your labour watch soon.

Thanks PP I agree a bath is relaxing but the only thing is that I need a shower in the morning to wake me up for work so quite often don't fancy doing both! x

I have a bath every night and shower every morning. I wouldn't have been able to survive this long without my bedtime baths, I'm like a 2 year old lol

I am in this camp too. I use to be able to sleep anywhere for as long as I needed but now my body seems to like only two hours at a time. This has been going on for months now! My worst day was when I had two hours sleep and then worked for 14 hours at 35 weeks - killer!
I'm so glad that I'm in on maternity now so I can nap.
Tonight it is a combination of my dog who looks like a cute lab but snores like an old man and really bad period style cramps. I hope if it is the start that she holds on a little longer - I have the carpet fitter coming tomorrow!

Thought I was ok tonight until hubbie was screaming with a bad dream just before 5am so comforted him and he's dropped off again but I haven't as yet x

It is horrible! I used to get severe insomnia with a previous pregnancy, I'd hate night time as I would get wound up and stressed out with the idea of not being able to sleep...which made things worse.

This time around I get the odd bad night here & there & sometimes a few in a row, but I normally manage to catch up with a few very early nights afterwards.

I'm hoping mine are just odd ones like you honeyloops. Was awake for about an hour last night but that was only coz I'd been looking after hubbie! Roll on a full night's sleep tonight xx

grr looks like i'm in the club too! Went up to bed at 11.30 and am still wide awake. :-( hubby is snoring on and off, him and ds aren't well so the hallway heater is on and one min i'm ok the next i'm to hot! Wouldn't normally mind as leo (ds) sleeps till 10am, but we have to be at the health centre for his dietician appointment at 9am so i need to be up for 7.45am.

I am wide awake also, got up and now watching tv and having a cuppa, its really frustrating because I was exhausted all day and as soon as I'm in bed I'm wide awake :( x

add me to the list to be this club lol.
Tend to fall asleep at 11ish but always wake up between 2-3 without a doubt then struggle to get back to sleep till about 7ish just wanna tear my hair out :-/
and cause am not getting a proper nights sleep during the day i cant be bother to do FA. Depressing :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back