A little update from me! And a question about stretch marks...

ft90

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Feel like I haven't been in touch for ages, been really busy since OH has been home!

We've got everything for LO now, even a play mat and a swing, and we've sorted my hospital bag so it's ready to go, I'm so relieved!

Had my consultant appointment on thursday morning. He told me I won't be induced because it would be bad obstetric practice seeing as there's no obvious problems (apart from my baby being a giant!)...

He did say he doesn't want me going over my due date, so that's good. I've changed my next growth scan to the 6th of october because having it next week would be pointless as they wouldn't act on it that early anyway. So that's 6 days before I'm due. Then they'll see if they think he's getting too big and if they think he'll fit through my pelvis...

Right now I'm hoping I have him before then!!!

Either way it's looking like I'll definitely be having him at the hospital, the consultant said it's for the best in case there are any complications. I feel better about that now, seeing as the thought of a commute to hospital if something went wrong is very stressful!

Also, I had my second of 2 antenatal classes on thursday night. OH loved it (he missed the first one so my brother went with me) and they taught us how to bath a baby etc so I feel loads more prepared! Made me really excited to meet my LO though!!!

As a side note (if you get this far) has anyone had their stretch marks start to bleed????? One of mine just started today, it looks a bit scabby... Is this normal?

Hope all you ladies are well xxxx

Ive not heard of stretch marks bleeding sorry I cant help but didnt want to read and run hope the growth scan goes ok x

Hope growth scan goes ok!

Not heard of stretch marks bleeding, but mine are really itchy at the moment. Am smothering myself in E45 anti itch cream and even that's not doing it. Sometimes feels as if there are lumps in my stretch marks, and mine are in a strange place, all on top of tummy, OH says it looks like my bump has been attacked by freddie kruger.

Glad everything been going well this week, bet your happy to get your OH home! Not heard of bleeding stretch marks tho, have you been scratching them?

Thanks ladies :) No I haven't been scratching them... And I've been putting palmers stretch mark cream on them twice a day (not that you'd notice)...

They don't even itch me at all... Maybe I caught it in the night or something and it's location is just a coincidence. Can't wait to start trying to get rid of these stretch marks! I have one patch on each hip with a few, then some on the bottom half of my tummy. I can't stand looking at them!

On the plus side, mine and OHs anniversary is today so I'll try and forget about it and have fun. We're doing lunch out not dinner out because my SPD gets worse late afternoon so I want to go out before it gets bad!

xx

Happy anniversary, hope you have a nice meal out. Most stretch marks do fade after a while, I got them on my thighs last time, just not much we can do about them really. Hope yours don't bleed too much though, maybe was just a random thing.

Thanks, we had a lovely meal at Chiquitos, I'm so full I can hardly breathe! We said we'd go to my mum's for a roast at 7, she's gone all out for it but I'm going to be too full to eat! OH loves roasts so I think he'll still eat, but I'm not a huge fan, and I don't want to be dying of heartburn after eating too much!

The mark seems a bit better today, it was literally just one line... I'm going to ditch the palmers cream because it smells like mosquito repellant, and I'll just put loads of my jergens hardcore moisturiser on and hope for the best!

xx

Glad u had a great anniversary :) good luck with the scan hopefully baby will come soon for u and ur pelvis!!
I've had a stretch mark bleed but that's coz I scratched it by accident.. Maybe you done it in ur sleep or caught it on something? The skin is thinner on the marks so easily cut..xx

Glad u had a great anniversary :) good luck with the scan hopefully baby will come soon for u and ur pelvis!!
I've had a stretch mark bleed but that's coz I scratched it by accident.. Maybe you done it in ur sleep or caught it on something? The skin is thinner on the marks so easily cut..xx

Thanks :) It's annoying because I've known a few people who have been scheduled c-sections if they have a high estimated weight, but they won't do it for me!

I think I might have just scratched or caught it while I was asleep, I can't imagine my skin is actually tearing from the strain, even though my stomach has expanded by a million percent!!! :roll:

xx

never heards about bleeding stretch marks, but I was scratching mine recently and they got very red and sore, so I think it is possible they would bleed if I scratched them some more!

maybe you did scratch them while you were asleep? I think I do this sometimes...

sorry no other ideas xx

Hey happy anniversary! How heavy is your baby, if you don't mind my asking? Mine is 8.5lbs and that was last Tues... Got another growth scan in just over a week! Hopefully, not long for you now! Xxx

i.love - I'd never really heard about it before either... But then I just noticed yesterday that one of my stretchmarks had turned into a scab and felt really sore! I'm seeing my MW tomorrow so I'm going to ask her if it looks okay.

Sunnygirl - They said mine was 8lb14oz at my last growth scan, I was 36+1 then... So he was already almost 9lbs! I was meant to have another growth scan this thursday but they've moved it until 6 days before I'm due... I'm dreading thinking how big he'll be by then!

xx

Defo ask ur mw to have a look she may give you some cream for it or something :)

Don't panic too much about having a big baby (hard not to!!) if they thought your body couldn't cope they'd give u a section, the fact they aren't is a good sign :)

My sister is teeny and she struggled with 7.2 needed forceps etc but she managed to get her 8.7 baby out fine :)

I've had my dtretchmarks bleed too :( just the biggest ones, its not nice but my midwife told me it just happens to some people x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back