A good mattress for bad backs??

Beatlesfan

Reaction score
We need a new mattress for our bed. After a previous post where I asked you luverly ladies if you could recommend a good sofa bed and the success of taking your advice (we got one from IKEA which was rec. by a few girls and it's FAB), I thought I would ask again.

I have a bad back and noticed that while away on holiday sleeping on a firm mattress it was tonnes better. Our mattress is approx. 10 years old.... it's too soft. Since having Imogen and C-section and epidural nothing is the same with my back. And my goodness, we neeeeeeed our sleep when we do get some! :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

OH also suffers with his back and neck, although it's a bit hit and miss. But we know we need a firmer mattress. Any recommendations girls? Budget around £200-300 ish but would spend more if it was worth it.

Thanks in advance. x x

Memory foam mattress are supposed to be really good for bad backs arent they?

Not sure how much they are, but my dad (he has a bad back) has one of the mattress toppers, so he could cut it in half and put it down his side of the bed because my mum doesnt like it :lol:

He has the pillow too its like square and an odd shape on top but he swears by them

we have a tempur mattress and i thoroughly recommend them, my OH suffers with back pain from a previous slipped disc and he cant sleep in any other bed now he is really comfortable, i too suffer with backache following my epidural and c section and i sleep fine,

They are pricey but worth every penny in my book

I used to suffer terrible bad back pains befoe we got our memory foam mattress! OMG!! They are soooo goood - wouldn't have any other type now!!

memory foam all the way......... we have one and have even bought our 11 year old one they are so good!! if you decide to go down that route pm me and i can recommend a great company with a good discount :wink: :wink:

We bought a memory foam topper for our mattress - AMAZING!!! 100 times more comfortable and a fraction of the price of a new mattress :wink:

I'm anti-memory foam 'cause I like a really firm mattress. I'm dying for a Hypnos mattress, MIL has a 10yo one that's just fab.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back