8 week scan

TORino

Reaction score
For those of you who have had an 8 week scan - what do you get to see?

Is it basically a blob with a heartbeat? Or can you make out a baby shape?

I'm considering booking my scan for 8+2 weeks and I was wondering what they normally look like at that gestation.

I had mine at 8+6 weeks and I could only really see a blob with a heartbeat! But it was more for the reassurance than the pic!

This was what we saw!

Attachments

• 9wks (2).jpg
    9wks (2).jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 18
Thanks!

I just wondered when it starts to look like a baby?

Not sure, but the scan I had three weeks later (at 12+1) was so clear. The difference between the two was unreal.

This is what we saw at 8w 0d xx

Attachments

• phuppimagec.jpg
    phuppimagec.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Has anyone had theirs in Dorset? Torino- I'm tempted too but I can't really spend more than 80...I want a photo of mini beam!xx

My avatar pic is 9 1/2 weeks, looks like a proper little baby by then, was so cute!

Sorry, thinking about it I think this pic is 11+5 but it did look like a proper baby at 9 1/2!

This was mine at 7+2 xxx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1313086568.326622.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1313086568.326622.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 6
At 8 weeks it just started looking like a baby, very cute

I'm only 5 to 6 weeks pg. I can't wait to have my first scan. I think I should book one at 8 weeks just to check to see if it's going ok despite it not looking like a baby. I just want to make sure it hasn't miscarried without me knowing over the first few weeks.

I just had my first scan & I'm 8w 5d but they didn't give me a pic, mine was a blob but you could see where the head was, like out line. But to see that heart beat is amazing, and obv find out if it's twins or not! X

I just had my first scan & I'm 8w 5d but they didn't give me a pic, mine was a blob but you could see where the head was, like out line. But to see that heart beat is amazing, and obv find out if it's twins or not! X

So glad your scan went well hunny :D x x

---
-

I had my scan at 9 + 4 weeks. On the picture, it doesn't really look much like a baby (though you see the head and the body), but in real life, I could see the heartbeat and sometimes hands and feet moving. I could definantly see that it was a baby and that he/she was very active! That was amazing :) You can see for yourself on the picture:)

Lots of luck with your scan!

xx

Attachments

• LO riktig.jpg
    LO riktig.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads