• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

5 days late but BFN

Chopsie

Reaction score
Hello all :wave:

I've been reading this forum for a while, but this is my first post.

AF was due 5/6 days ago (my cycle varies between 29 and 30 days) but so far I've had 2 BFNs (yesterday and today).

I'm always regular as clockwork, and I'm getting frustrated waiting for AF to show up! Should I go to my GP, or try another test in a couple of days? Is it common for BFNs even so many days after AF is due?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi, I am really regular as well but over the last 12 months i have had 2 irregular cycles. Once i was 5 days late and the other time i was 6 days late. I am always like clockwork. My periods seem to have stabilised since but it was totally out of character for me. I was convinced i MUST be pregnant being so late but sadly i wasnt :(

Thanks for the reply. I guess I need to just sit tight and wait for AF to make an appearance then :(

Not necessarily... some people have taken 2 weeks and longer to have enough hcg to turn a test positive. Its not over till AF does/doesnt arrive. Be positive! Good luck xxx

Thanks Sammy. I'll still keep my fingers crossed! :pray:

Its not over until the witch arrives, wishing you all the best!!!! :)

I've been in your position too. AF showed up a week late back in July and sadly I had two BFNs. Just wait a while longer then test again. If AF still hasn't shown her ugly mug, go to your GP and get a blood test. Good luck :hug:

I'm a day late myself and testing BFN. Only unusual because I am 28 days ON THE DOT and always have been.

I'm wondering whether constantly thinking about it is affecting my cycle a little. Could that be the case for you?

It's only our second month TTC, and I didn't even realise I was so late until I checked my calendar.

AF turned up this morning though - at least I can stop thinking about it now - it's the being in limbo that's the worst part.

Here's hoping for an October BFP! :pray:

Sorry she got you hun xxx

Hoping for a October BFP for you

aww sorry hun good luck for next month xx :hug:

Sorry the witch got you, here's for an October BFP :pray: :hug:

Oh so sorry to hear that hun,

All the very very best for next mth hun. xx xx xx xx xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics