AAGGgghh! AF 7 days late and still BFN!!

LucyBee

Reaction score
AF is seven days late and I've just got another BFN.
Does anyone know of any other reason why AF would be so late? I'm not stressed or anxious and I'm normally as regular as clockwork.
I'm hoping that my hormone lvls are just not high enough yet to show up on the test but are there any other reasons to save me from getting my hopes too high?!
Thanks girls,
Lucyx

I had an AF once that arrived after 47 days. I'd been to the docs by then and had blood tests which were negative. He said that sometimes you can just miss a period and it's a hormonal thing.

Could be that, or it could just be too early yet. Fingers crossed you get some good news soon, but I'd book yourself in for the blood test to find out.

hi lucybee,
Check out the Symptoms Please! forum, blackfairykitten seems to be in the same situation as yourself and the replys are encouraging. Some say they didn't get a BFP until 1-2 wks after AF was due. I am also keeping my fingers crossed that this may be whats happening to me, seem to be 3 days late, had cramps for about 6 days after ovulation and now and again. Have done a few tests and all BFN so far. Keeping everythin crossed for you, lets hope this is the best christmas pressie :)

Bev

Thank you both.
I've just been and checked that thread and have pm'd blackfairy to see how she's getting on.
I so hope it's not just a missed period - that would seem so cruel.
I've booked an appointment with the doctor for Friday so if no sign of AF then, hopefully he'll do a blood test.
Lucyx

PS: Good luck Bev. Keep me posted!

good luck lucy, hang in there sounds promising

keep us updated hunny
xxx

awww Lucy, hang in there, another few days and hopefuly you will get your BFP

Hi Lucy, I am also late and have got 3 BFN so far(4 days late)!! :?
The weird thing is we stopped trying!
I was wondering, do you have any 'symptoms'?
I can imagine how you are feeling at 7 days, I'm freaking out at 4!!!!!!
Good luck, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, bev, (and myself)

xxxx

Hi Lucy,
Good luck on Friday hope AF stays away and Dr confirms the happy news. It's sooo hard waiting for any news, just wish we knew either way. Keep checking my diary, (about 10 times a day!) to make sure i've got dates right - what a nutter!!.
Hope you get BFP, it would be lovely to start the new year with a new life :)

Bev x x

Thanks everyone for the kind support.
Sam, winging baby dust your way, fingers crossed for us all :)

Bev x x

bev said:
Keep checking my diary, (about 10 times a day!) to make sure i've got dates right - what a nutter!!.

Ha! Bev...that made me feel better! That's what I keep doing. And I'm now going to the loo about every 30 minutes to check to see if AF has arrived. My workmates must think I've got a weak bladder!

Well, I did ANOTHER test (test obsessive aswell!) this morning and another BFN. I'm so confused about all of this. I've decided to try not to test again until I see the doctor on Friday but I'll probably sneak one in on Thursday morning if I still don't have AF.

Good luck to all of you and thank you for your little posts of support - I can't tell you how much they help!

Lucy x

Sam - forgot to say about symptoms.
I have sore nipples :oops: and a mild sort of period pain but both might actually be AF.
When I was pregnant before my m/c, I seem to remember that my pregnancy symptoms were exactly like being pre-menstrual. Couldn't God have made it easier for us and given us a clearer sign - like turning your thumb green or something. It would make things SO much easier!
Good luck to you too Sam. Keep me posted!

I would just like to say I am thinking of you all Lucy Bev & Sam, I was just the same, driving myself nutty at times too........ comparing symptoms, I too had a m/c (Aug this yr). I have my fingers crossed for you........

Really hope you get your BFP's!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Keep us posted!!

Sending loads of babydust your way************************

Love Davinia.xx

Lucy!

I'm sitting here, waiting, waiting - come on Friday for you!!

God I hope you are - how exciting.....but yep, the symptons bollocks is not easy.

Keep us posted darl.

Sass

Hi everyone.

Lucy sooo glad you mentioned about going to the loo to check for AF, I do that too! It's amazing that we all do this mad stuff. Also have went through ridiculous amounts of HPT, Why why why did they ever tell us u can test 4 days before AF, only one left in a pack of 10!. Holding out for thursday too, decided to miss one day of testing waho.
Symptoms at the moment are only slight cramping and back pain now and again, but if i think really hard i'm sure i could imagine a few lol :)

Take care everyone, thinking of you all.

Bev x x

Oh Lucy I hope it is good news for you this week.. would love to see you over there in August babies!!!!

Are you charting? How many days are you post ov???? are your temps still high? The symptoms do sound very like early pregnancy so will keep my fingers and toes x'd for you... xxxxxxx

And Sam.. as you know.. we are also hoping to see you in August babies too... that one BD session may have been enough you know!!!!!!!!!

Bev.. good luck to you too....

There is still time for some more Xmas BFPs.... xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well, it's day 9 today and have just done another test (I'm officially a Testaholic) and got another BFN.
I've run out of tests so that means I HAVE to wait until I see the doctor on Friday now.
The more BFNs I get, the more I'm thinking that I must have just missed a period this month for some strange reason. I'm normally as regular as clockwork and have never missed a period before in my life so now I'm worrying that if I'm not pg, some other weird thing is happening to my body.
Anyway, thanks all of you for your kind messages.
Bev, any news yet?
Lucy x

Hi Lucy

Check for ovulation.. if your cycle is a little mioxed up this month, you may be ovulating now!

x

Hi lucy,
Don't give up hope yet, wait until friday and see what doc says, if dr does a blood test hormones can be detected at small amounts. Have everythin crossed for ya!.
Not tested today and no sign of AF, am i good or what! lol. Although last HPT is calling me from the drawer :)
Will try to hold out until fri mornin, will keep u posted.

Sam, any news?

Take care
Bev x x

Keeping my fingers crossed for you. It would be great to hear that you get a BFP!

L x

I wasn't on yesterday, I had a massive headache. Actually I still have one but not as bad.
How is everyone? Any more testing been done?
I did another test this morning, neg again.
I'm 6 days late now!
The waiting is killing me..........................
xxxx good luck Lucy and Bev xxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back