for all you poas addicts ....why?

rusks

Reaction score
i'm starting to get a little frustrated :wall:

why do you ladies insist on doing PG tests well before AF is due? :shakehead:

we are all guilty of symptom spotting thats natural i just think you ladies waste so much money and time building your hopes up on BFNs it must be so demoralising seeing BFNs all the time i get distraught but i always wait til AF is either a day late at least to test i think the fact AF has come rather than convincing myself a line will appear is a little easier.. no?

i just think it might be easier on yourselves if you can just be a little more patient and wait a few days. i nevefr known such a bad lot for poas early what you like :rotfl:

have told hubby to take the tests off me and take them to work with hin to stop me from testing lol

I am not testing until the 18th Sept and that is possibly the day/day after AF is due.

I will NOT test before this, its going to be hard but like you say Rusks id rather just get AF than see those horrible words 'not pregnant' yuck yuck yuck!!!

I agree Rusks, I have been guilty of testing early then got so upset when it's a BFN so now I try to wait until AF is due.

It's bad enough symptom spotting and the slightest twinge making me think this is the month let alone constantly focusing on testing too :D

I have been very guilty of this this month and never again. I'm not buying any more tests now until I am overdue AF :hug: :hug:

lol i started testing at 8dpo but thats probaly because i had the feeling i had with all 3 pregnancies and i was right :) i enjoy poas don't ask me why its just the rush before wondering if it's going to be a bfp or bfn :lol: :lol: but then if its a bfn its disapointing however that rush makes me want to test again :roll: :oops:

I was very guilty of that last time :oops: Going to try and have more control this time round :D

This is my first month ever TTC but I can totally understand the frustration.

My plan is simple; I have ONE test in the house so I'm saving it until I have the best chance of a BFP (when AF is due!) :)

Thats a good plan minxy. Unfortunately i have 20 in the house..its not looking good is it :D

I feel the same rusks.
I admit I have tested b4 AF is due in the past but not to the extent of some of you ladies :lol:

But on a serious note I have seen a lot of ladies on here test b4 af and get a positive, only to start their period a few days later. Then have to go through the trauma of knowing they've had a chemical pregnancy. Whereas if they hadn't tested they wouldn't have known.
I just wouldn't like to put myself through that if I don't need to.

Thats true Rusks. I only bought 3 tests to be safe but ended up buying 10 more :oops: I got a faint bfp at 8dpo and I'm glad I knew so early BUT then there is always the worry that af will come anyway so you really can't tell until the day / day after af is due

I have decided, if I'm not pregnant this time, I am not going to test next time untill I've missed my period. There's just no point. :shakehead:

skairdykat said:
I feel the same rusks.
I admit I have tested b4 AF is due in the past but not to the extent of some of you ladies :lol:

But on a serious note I have seen a lot of ladies on here test b4 af and get a positive, only to start their period a few days later. Then have to go through the trauma of knowing they've had a chemical pregnancy. Whereas if they hadn't tested they wouldn't have known.

yeh but if it keeps happening then you wont get any help from your gp unelss you know it keeps happening, so for that reason alone I think knowing is a good thing.

HollyHobby said:
skairdykat said:
I feel the same rusks.

yeh but if it keeps happening then you wont get any help from your gp unelss you know it keeps happening, so for that reason alone I think knowing is a good thing.

That's a good point. Maybe I will test next month afterall. Just not as early as I did this time.

:wall: chemical PG are rare and thinking you see lines and imagining lines are far too common :shakehead:

see wot u mean, getting a bfn is really upsetting but when u want to be pregnant so much and ur period isnt due for a few days and theres a chance u COULD be pregnant and you could find out THAT day then why not. each to their own i say. those who wait for af, well done for having the self discipline, but those who do test early its up to them and have to accept the possibilty of it being a bfn. im still testing early, im just one of those people that have to know as soon as i can.

dina.marie said:
see wot u mean, getting a bfn is really upsetting but when u want to be pregnant so much and ur period isnt due for a few days and theres a chance u COULD be pregnant and you could find out THAT day then why not. each to their own i say. those who wait for af, well done for having the self discipline, but those who do test early its up to them and have to accept the possibilty of it being a bfn. im still testing early, im just one of those people that have to know as soon as i can.

fair point :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back