5.2 week scan, no yolk sac yet? Anyone else had this?

crowgirl

Reaction score
Hi there.I posted under the title LOSS OF PREGNANCY SYMPTOMS a few weeks ago, having just found out I was pregant after a cycle of clomid. A few of you kindly reassurred me so I just wanted to update you on my progress.Since then, the symptoms came back, and today I went for an early scan as I had an ovary and tube removed due to ovarian cysts when I was young so my Dr worries about ectopic pregnancy. The scanographer said there was definately something there, it was in the right place and there was evidence of the uterous having thickened.All good signs.She said that she could not yet see the yolk sac though and wants me to come back on Friday for another scan to check that what shes seeing isnt a false sac, which could occur if I had an ectopic apparently. She took my blood too and is calling me at 4 to tell me the hormone levels. Seriously crossing my fingers guys...it feels positive as last time when I had a scan at this time there was nothing there at all due to an early miscarriage.......has anyone else had this experience? Just wondered if no sac at 5.2 weeks is anything to worry about?

So happy.Just had a call from the early pregnancy unit and they have said that my HCG is 2600 which is normal for a 5.2 week pregnancy. She says that would indicate that everything is fine and it is a proper sac but to come back on friday anyway to double check. I'm so relieved guys.....i'll keep you posted on Friday
Good luck to everyone who like me, is desperate for things to work out cx

thats really great news!! let us all know how you get on on friday

:cheer: That is so good news hun. Good luck tomorrow, let us know how you get on :hug:

Good luck today with your scan hun hope all goes well.

Thank you so much for all your support on this one.It was nice to see so mnay people wishing me luck today.Bad news im afraid. scan has revealed the sac has grown but not as much as theyd have liked it to, and still no yolk.more worryingly, there is another mass on my cornea (the bit where the falliopean tube joins the womb) which is suspicious of a corneal ectopic pregnancy which whould make the other sac a psudosac. The alternative is that it could be a cyst, which would be nothing to worry about. To make things even more confusing my hormones have not quite doubled, but are still rising.On wednesday they were 2600, and today (friday) they are 4976.Midwife siad shed have liked to see them double at least so this is under and implys the pregnancy is failing for whatever reason, although shes still saying there is an outside chance things will be ok pn MONDAY.Three people scanned me and two think its a failing pregnancy and one a corneal.Theyve told me to stay at home for the weekend and come back monday, but im petrified now, as I know a corneal ectopic is really bad news and if it ruptures the worst kind of eptopic you can get.Ive been told to go straight to hospital if I get any pain or bleeding. Im in such a state, I just dont know what to do.Its gone beyond being scared about losing the baby to being scared of this rupture. The consultant siad it was unlikely to rupture as there were no signs of this at present, but the midwife who scanned me siad shed seen them rupture earlier than mine. I wish they knew more. Has anyone else been in this situation?Sorry it's such a long post, but cant summarise it any better at present.cx

hun, I have no advice as I have never experienced anything like this, but I just wanted to say how sorry I was. Sending lots :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Now 5.6 weeks-6 weeks pregnant. Just back from todays scan after a horrendous weekend, fearing some kind of rupture or something. Scan shows the sac has grown a bit but still no yolk. other mass has also grown a bit but is looking like its starting to disintegrate, which is apparently a good sign.......took more hormones and siad if they are still going up they mgiht hold off clearing me out for a bit longer to make sure its not just a slow developing pregnancy. midwife seems less worried about the eptopic thing no, although she cant rule it out.What a roller coaster. My instsincts are that the hormones will be down as yesterdayand today my breasts lost some of their tenderness, but to be honest, its been such a stressful weekend, who knows. My wonderful partner helped me through it all by breaking it down into units, one for friday afternoon, 2 for sat and 2 for sunday, and we celebrated every time we got through a unit.This really helped me get through the weekend and id recommend it to anyone who is in my position. We are picking up on a bit of conflict between the midwife/scanner and the consultant....midwife keeps making slightly barbed comments along the lines of...well what id do.........but shes the consultant so its her perogative......which we think is really unproffessional. utterly drained by it all guys. taking the day off....scared to hope......but coping ok so far thanks to a wonderful fiance.... I was due to order my wedding dress today (getting married in July) as its was yhe deadline to get it made.Was going to call them and say I needed a differnt dress as I would be 5.1 months pregant, but now its looking like I wont be....Have called the shop and asked them if they can extend it by a week as obviously if. by some miracle this pregancy works out ok, then id still need a differnt dress.....its like a madhouse here! cxxxxxx

Any new developments?

Hoping for the best with the next stage. It's impossible to comment because most 5.5 weeks will not have even seen a GP yet.

Keep us posted.

Hi

Hope things turn out okay for you hun :hug: keep us updated and keep your head up
Katrina

Hi Hun,

hope things work out okay for you :pray:

Keep us up to date with everything. Know sometimes talking to docs is like :wall:

big :hug: xxx

Well, today was mad again.Arrived, the midwife scanned me and said that the mass on my cornea had pretty much disintigrated and the sac in my womb had grown and had a the characteristic halo around it now,so she was no longer worried about an eptopic which is an unspeakable relief to me..........she then siad that there was still no yolk sac which was a bad sign at my stage in pregnancy (6.1 weeks). While she was scanning me I kept seeing a little tiny speck of light in the top corner. After she siad there was nothing in there I decided to ask her what that was and pointed to it.(my partner could also see it but was waiting for her to mention it) She siad that "it looked like nothing" to her and even if it was something shed be looking for it to be attached to something and it wasnt.Upon looking at it closer however, she started saying , "well...actually....it might be a tiny sac emerging.........and it does look like it might be attached to the gestational sac......." and by the end of the scan she was saying it was definately a small developing yolk sac, to go home and come back in a week for another scan.I am totally drained.....im still quite far along to not have a conclusive sac she siad, but...staranger things have happened...she also said my uterous had thickened in two days too......so thinigs are developing....just slowly. I asked her to take my hormones again as if they had plumettted then I would know to prepare myslef for the worst, but hormones came back as having gone from 9680-14680. She was concerned they hadnt doubled and only gone up by 52% but admitted that 15% of pregnancies hormones dont do the normal thing in and also they can slow down after 10 000.As they are still risng and not declining, I am taking that to be a good sign..........there is a bit of hope again..........work have been fantastic and have told me to take as much time off as I need.Ive come in today but feel so stressed and drained I think i'll take them up on theoir offer and go home and try to relax, which is now important again if it might be a viable pregnancy..........y Gp called and siad she thought the early preg unit were being too negative.She thought it sounded v positive, 6.1 days, no bleeding, no sever pain (just the odd niggle on one side) hormones in the right range, gestational sac in womb, and yolk sac emerging........she siad its so early anything could happen and to not give up...........its all crazy.....we feel v confused so have decided to hope for the best and forget about it for a week....we are off to arran with firends (now we know its not eptopic we can travel again) and plan to be really positive and give this baby the best chance it can have.....if its bad news on weds we'll deal woth it then.I have always felt that this was a keeper...its felt right if you know what I mean(last year I had an ear,y miscarriage where the baby hadnt even implanted and i felt cramoy and not quite right from the start that time.Im going with my gut and backing that little sack to the hilt........nothing to lose. Has anyone else had this kind of experience?

i haven't experienced anything like what your going through but i just wanted to let you know I have been keeping up to date with whats happening and keeping my fingers and everything else crossed for you. I know it must be hard but I think your right to stay positive! I know a girl at work is currently off work with same thing as you, she's 7 weeks and they are still uncertain with her sac so it may be a case of u being too early. I really hope so :hug:

well, just back from my wednesday scan. The midwife, who I am seriously fed up with now, initially siad that there hadnt been much development .I asked her to blow it up on the screen and she then siad that the yolk sac had developed considerably in the last week and that it was fully grown now but there was still no baby. Then she looked more closely and siad that there was possibly the beginnings of a fetal pole developing in the corner.I aske dher to measure the sac and she siad it had grown a lot in the last week too (6-8 mm) So on balence all very positive and to come back in another 10 days.I asked if we could make it 7 days and she said that was fine.She said that she felt more positive than the week beforwe and that it was 50/50. She siad normally pregnancies that are defoinatley fine thunder along and that ones where there was slow development like my one could go either way.Sometimes they just stop developing quite early on but other times they contibue steadily growing.We just ahve to hop for a clear image of a baby next week. I aske dher about my dates (i'm 7.1 weeks...I know when I ovulated as I did the basal temp tests and pee sticks) and if the dates could be slightly off if the egg took a while to fertilise, travle down the tube and embed...ie if that process took longer than in the average woman, then my days could be 4 days off, she siad that wqas possible.I just feel so bloodly drained.dont know what to think.POsitives are that I havent bled or had any pain and still feel pregnanct and that it def isnt a blighted ovum.Only thing it could be now is a missed miscarriage but if it carries on developing as it has so far itlll be ok. Help someone!!! Has anyone else out there had such a drawn out experience?I dont know what to do about work, as obviously I feel very distracted not knowing if the baby is ok, but im physically ok.....

sad news im afraid. I had my scan on wednesday and although the yolk sac had continued to grow there was virtually no progress in the fetal pole, which had barely grown.A missed miscarriage has been diagnosed as Im 8.1 weeks pregnant.We need to decide whether to have a d and c or take the tablets...........hobsons choice......We are not sure what to do.I still have not lost any pregnancy symptoms or bled or had pain, so I dont think sitting this out is really an option as it could be a long time before I lose the baby naturally.on the other hand I always wonder about that miracle...like some of the other stories on the website. We are being strong and determined to get through this, but its a real blow and im very upset. I miscarried a year ago at 5 1/2 weeks too so really am now worried about my future.....I so want a baby and really thought this could be it as it felt so solid...still does........I wondered if anyone else has had a similar experience and what management of the situation they chose

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back