4 weeks scan

Meg T

Reaction score
Hello, very new to this and not sure what can and can't say. i am 25 and partner is. It's been a very stressful start, considering i have PCOS, told by a doctor this wouldn't happen naturally, and wasn't planned. I had unusual cramps and my doctor told me to take a test, i took 2 both positive, shocked isn't even the word! I had to go to hospital where they said i was negative i then left to figure out my pains, returned back for bloods but first another urine test which then confirmed positive along with the bloods being positive and yesterday had a scan to confirm 4 weeks pregnant. it's been very emotional and traumatic tbh, positive then not then positive was A LOT to deal with in a week. So me and my partner are very stressed, i'm currently thinking i want to keep it and he doesn't, he's thinking very logical about money and home situation, and he does have good points an of course his opinions matter too, but im not sure id be able to cope with an abortion or how it would change our relationship. i know he'd be happy in the end, we love eachother so much, known eachother 15 years. but right now it's hard working out the best thing, ive just started college a few weeks ago too alongside working. is it bad to think emotionally too much over logic? I'm scared and stressed but im not desperate to abort, so would it be wrong to?

any advice would be great! sorry for the long message x

Wow! What a surprise for you both! Congratulations! What a roller coaster of a week!!!! I think you are right, in the end you will both love this baby so much! What a miracle God has given you despite what the doctors say! I always try to remind ladies, that if God has blessed you with a child, he will also bless you with the grace and means to care for it. If you wait until you’re ready, you’ll never be ready. ;) Welcome to the forum, and congrats again!

Wow! What a surprise for you both! Congratulations! What a roller coaster of a week!!!! I think you are right, in the end you will both love this baby so much! What a miracle God has given you despite what the doctors say! I always try to remind ladies, that if God has blessed you with a child, he will also bless you with the grace and means to care for it. If you wait until you’re ready, you’ll never be ready. ;) Welcome to the forum, and congrats again!

Ahh thank you! I have another scan on the 4th to confirm of growth and everything is still as it should be, so trying not to stress and think too much into it until then! Just very concerned about work as it's in the medical sector and i'm learning and too early to tell people, but have to with work! very worried.

It will all work out. <3 I’ll be praying for you. :) I waited to tell with my pregnancy. Heartbreakingly, I lost my baby....in hindsight, I wish I had enjoyed sharing the news, and having more support afterwards. Everyone processes differently. It would not have been fun to make phone calls and share the sad news, but I think in the future I will be less afraid to share. Everyone is different though, and you circumstance is kind of unique with work.

It will all work out. <3 I’ll be praying for you. :) I waited to tell with my pregnancy. Heartbreakingly, I lost my baby....in hindsight, I wish I had enjoyed sharing the news, and having more support afterwards. Everyone processes differently. It would not have been fun to make phone calls and share the sad news, but I think in the future I will be less afraid to share. Everyone is different though, and you circumstance is kind of unique with work.

I keep telling myself that. I'm so sorry that happened to you! Yes very stressed on what to tell work now what to do , very half and half with keeping or not. Just so worried I'm just gunna feel stuck and not be able to travel or finish working toward my career. Had to have a break from partner too as his negativity is shading my judgement.

Awww <3 I don’t think you will feel “stuck.” I think you will grow with the circumstances. :) I hear parents say that parenting is hard work, but the joy is worth it all. Besides I think you would enjoy taking your child with you to events, etc. It’s definitely different, but different isn’t always bad.

So me and my partner are very stressed, i'm currently thinking i want to keep it and he doesn't, he's thinking very logical about money and home situation, and he does have good points an of course his opinions matter too, but im not sure id be able to cope with an abortion or how it would change our relationship. i know he'd be happy in the end, we love eachother so much, known eachother 15 years. but right now it's hard working out the best thing, ive just started college a few weeks ago too alongside working. is it bad to think emotionally too much over logic? I'm scared and stressed but im not desperate to abort, so would it be wrong to?

Have you considered adoption at all? I see a lot about abortion vs keeping the baby, but those aren't the only two options.

Hey Meg I hope you're okay and you have someone close who you can talk to. I'm saying this from past experience. Trust your instincts and do what feels right for you and nobody else. Whatever you decide you have to live with the decision either way. There are many what if's in life, but you only get one. What do you want to do now and what feels right is what you have to ask yourself. Sending you a big hug! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back