Early Pregnancy - No Symptoms

CathyAnn

Reaction score
Hi there
Would be grateful for any advice.... I've done 4 pregnancy tests, and all have been positive. I reckon it's been 3 weeks since conception. I have no symptoms, although I did have mild cramping for about an hour a week ago. My doctor said he didn't need to do a test if I'd done 4 positive tests already. He's asked me to go for an ultrasound on Friday next, which will be 3.5 weeks. Is it 'normal' not to have any symptoms? Is it 'normal' to have an ultrasound at this point?
Any advice, answers or comments very welcome.
Many thanks.

Hi

3 weeks from conception is considered 5 weeks pregnant (they go by the date of your last period). I have never heard of anyone going for a scan this early, but it will be because of what you said, having no symptoms.

I'm sure everything will be fine, but let us know how it goes.

Best of luck.

Hi

I am 5 weeks pregnant and have been having symptoms for over 2 weeks, i had them literally 1 week after conceiving, it was just my breasts extremely sore at first and then from last week i have been getting stomach cramps and lower back pain. Every one is different and feels different during pregnancy, some people gget the signs straight away and others dont get any signs at all except for a missed period. It is not normal to have a test so early it will just be because you have expressed concern. If you have done 4 positive tests you are most definately pregnant.

Good Luck and try not to worry xx

Hi

Don't worry about not having symptoms. I didn't have any until I got to about 8 - 9 weeks. I had very mild sickness, which seemed to get a bit worse round about 9 - 10 weeks. The worst thing was the sore breasts. They were murderous! But that didn't start til about 8 - 9 weeks.

For ages, I was convinced I wasn't really pregnant. I kept thinking that maybe I was just really late, but then remembered the three positive tests! I had a dating scan at 10 weeks and was relieved to see that there was definitely a baby in there.

The scan is probably because you've expressed concern, so will be to just put your mind at rest.

I love having scans, I'd have them every day if I could! It's so cute seeing the little heart beating away.

Good luck with it and keep us posted.

xx

Thank you all so much - I'm feeling somewhat more positive than I was earlier. It's weird - I'm normally relatively calm and rational, but I can't seem to stop worrying and being anxious about this. Like you, I've done umpteen pregnancy tests, of various different brands, and I keep sneaking a look at them even yet, just to be sure I didn't imagine it! Fingers crossed - here's hoping Friday's scan yields some news. Thanks again

Hi CathyAnn

I think I am 4 wks pg (going by when I think I ov'd) but like Kim says this is classed as 6 wks pg as they take it from your last period (which is confusing for me because I had long cycles but anyway that's another story!). I did some cheap hpts on Saturday and got some faint lines and then did a more expensive test yesterday and got a definate line and like you I don't have any symptoms which does worry me but a few poeple have told me they didn't have any either so I really do think we're all very different - some will have symtoms early on and some will get them a bit later.

It's reassuring to read that Blossom didn't have any until 8-9 weeks.

I phoned the midwife today (the doctor's said I didn't need an appointment with them just call the midwife and book in) and my first appointment isn't until mid July so I'm going to try and read as much as a I can and enjoy those positive results.

Lucy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back