3rd time lucky

Donna88

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am here again - I have a 9 year old boy and me and my husband have been talking about trying on and off since a year or so before we got married. My son is from a previous relationship but my husband and I have been together for 8 years. When we first met we both said we wanted to have more children. Life obviously happens, we were planning on trying after the wedding but I got a new job a few months before and so it didn't seem like the right time.

I went on the depo injection because of that and when we decided the time was right it took over a year for it to come out of my system, we had one month where we tried and then we booked a cruise and found out we couldn't go on it if I was so far along and that there was a good chance they might not allow an infant on board depending on how many others there were... (when we booked we assumed we may get pregnant but we'd be able to take the baby or I'd just be pregnant) so we put trying on hold for a while.

We then decided we'd wait to try when I'd be okay to travel if I did get pregnant - but my husbands heart clearly wasn't in it, he would always ask about whether I would mind being pregnant on holiday and how I wouldn't be able to drink and what if I felt ill... eventually we talked about it and both decided that actually we enjoyed our life, my son was getting older and his dad has him most weekends and we enjoyed having nice expensive holidays and being able to go out almost whenever we wanted to. At that point we thought maybe we didn't want anymore kids at all. We always said if it happened by accident it wouldn't be the end of the world and that we'd ''deal'' with it and probably be very happy about it, but no more than that.

Over the months running upto Christmas my husband started saying some things which should have made me realise something was going on in his head. He talked a lot more about our friends with children and their children, he quite often added ''but I don't want one'' which I assumed was just because he didn't want me to get the wrong end of the stick. Then over new years he said how if I got pregnant he'd be really happy, we spoke about it and I pointed out that we have booked another cruise and we'd have to cancel that if I did but that if we did want it, we could start trying in April or May time. We started off saying how maybe we'd just stop preventing it come May, however that has very quickly turned into trying in May. I wouldn't be surprised if that is moved forward to April to be honest, but for now we are saying after my April period.

The time just feels right for us now, we've both moved on in our careers and seem to be in a good place, we have got over the whole going out all the time thing and are feeling much more settled at home.

So essay here, but come spring time we are at it once again

Hi Donna, you're back! I wondered where you'd got to. How was your cruise?? Im back in WTT for number 3:) we're unsure when to ttc but the earliest would be May. It would be fun to do this journey together:) glad to see you back on the forum xx

Hi nice to see you again :)

Yes I disappeared, husband started having wobbles about trying and we decided we wanted to enjoy our life together a bit more - going out etc and having holidays. He's really blind sided me with wanting to try this time actually as he was dead set against it at one point and had decided he never wanted another. I think that's partly why I went AWOL, didn't seem much point hanging around even in the waiting section.

Would be fab if we were on the journey together :) May seems like so far away, but time will fly by. Although as I said in my other thread we might be putting it forward to starting in March or April now.

Think we have decided on starting in March now. We're going to wait for my brother to book his wedding, as he could be putting it forward to back - but unless he books it for around the time we'd be due when we start March is looking like it'll be go time. Weird that a few days ago we were moaning that we had over 3 months to wait (4 periods as I was calling it) whereas now it's possibly a month and a half.

Thankyou, I really can't wait to get started - just a shame about the timing of the cruise because we would have just started trying now :)
Oh well, counting down the weeks until that first cycle

So my brother has booked his wedding - if we hadn't decided to put TTC forward he has booked it for the day before we would be due if we fell pregnant in our first month on trying!!

This has just confirmed that we do want to start trying earlier - starting in March gives us two cycles and then unfortunately if we haven't gotten pregnant by then we will have to give Mays cycle a miss as we'd end up having to miss my brothers wedding - really glad we had already decided to start earlier though as if we were still thinking May I think I'd be gutted at the idea of having to put it back another month.

Great news Donna! Who knows, you might be bringing another little person to your brother's wedding:) fingers crossed you fall quickly. Did you conceive quickly the first time round?

Thank you :) I keep getting giddy at the idea, knowing it's really soon now - I'm due AF this weekend and I'm really excited for it because it will make the last cycle of us not trying.

My son was a surprise... so in a way yes very quickly.

It would be amazing if we were bringing a little one to the wedding :) but I know to try and not get my hopes up too much and just see what happens. It's very hard when my mum asks things like where I'm going to be getting a dress from and I'm just thinking hmmm... well I may need either a nursing dress or a maternity one lol.

Hi Donna :wave: sounds like you’re both in a really good place with ttc. I’m starting June, so slightly after you. Best of luck on your TTC journey but will be nice to hang out in here for a bit :lol: x

Hi :D

Yes nice talking to fellow waiters. Good luck on your journey too. June will be here in no time, we keep saying that as we work in schools - it's scary how close Summer is, doesn't seem two minutes ago we were coming back in September

Yes nice talking to fellow waiters. Good luck on your journey too. June will be here in no time, we keep saying that as we work in schools - it's scary how close Summer is, doesn't seem two minutes ago we were coming back in September

Im a midwife and it’s September I dread.... all the Christmas conceptions arrive :rofl: I’ll be booking them All on soon no doubt.... life is going to start to get very busy! At least it’ll keep me occupied until I can start trying :) x

Im a midwife and it’s September I dread.... all the Christmas conceptions arrive :rofl: I’ll be booking them All on soon no doubt.... life is going to start to get very busy! At least it’ll keep me occupied until I can start trying :) x

Haha that's hilarious... we possibly would have aimed to have been one of those September babies if we'd not had the cruise booked (September/October works out perfectly with maternity when working in a school... get paid full for the summer holidays and then go back for a week or so before starting maternity, then back at work a few weeks before summer to get full pay again. We've known quite a few plan it, we're just not that good at forward planning haha)

I bet being a midwife is quite hard when you're thinking of trying yourself? It's bad enough with me just people I know getting pregnant or having babies, can't imagine if my work involved it all to :) amazing job though

All of the teachers I look after plan it that way ;) makes great sense if it works out well - just booked a teacher last week.... due 1st September lol x

It really does make sense if you're lucky enough to fall your first cycle or so :)

So bright red blood this morning when I woke up :( I'm really hoping I'm not coming on yet as I'm not due on until Saturday and if I have a short cycle it may mean we can't start trying until April (possibly June as now with my brothers wedding we need to have a break over May) due to the sail dates on the cruise as it stood we were going to be 23 weeks if we fell pregnant in March which gave us a week leeway if the scan put us further on than we thought for the 24 weeks safe to sail policy of the cruise line.

I suppose it's not the end of the world if we have to wait those extra few months and it gives me more time to lose some weight and for us to prepare for everything - but we just want to get trying. We would have been trying now if it wasn't for the cruise

I had some bright red blood this morning when I went to the toilet, AF isn't due until Saturday and the past couple of cycles I've been a day or so late. I'm actually really hoping that I don't come on early (the bleeding has stopped) as 23 weeks is the closest I'd risk being for the cruise just in case my dating scan put me forward a few days - it means I'd have a week to play with (can cruise up to 24 weeks on the day we get home) So fingers crossed she stays away for the next 2 or 3 days.

lol :witch: loves mind games, not fair!
Mines due in 3 days.... maybe we’ll be cycle buddies :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back