3rd time lucky

I'm pretty sure she's here :(

So not going to completely give up hope yet, but it looks like we'll probably have a risky April (husband won't try in April officially as he want to avoid a Christmas or new years baby if possible) and then get to trying properly in June. Which is only a month later than we'd originally planned. Maybe when my brother first booked his wedding we should have planned to start in June instead of putting it forward. Would have been nice to potentially have a little one at the wedding but oh well, suppose it gives me more scope for a nice dress as there are lots of nice maternity dresses but not as many nice nursing ones (am I itching too much for a silver lining here?)

At least in June we know we will be okay to travel even if we fall straight away and it means no potential guessing that I'm pregnant from people if I'm not drinking for my 30th in May. I also have more weddings in October so even if we get pregnant straight away I'll be less pregnant at that point. But still gutted, we were really geared up for it - but we also can't really afford to lose the money we've paid out for the cruise (and it wouldn't be fair on our son either or my mum and her partner who we convinced to join us as their first cruise)

With how my cycles are at the moment we'll probably line up again when we both want to start trying, when are you looking at starting again?

Looking at the same time then :)

I think I kind of know that June makes a lot more sense. It means once we start trying there's no stopping for a month to avoid clashes with weddings or anything - it means once we're trying we're trying and March onwards also seem like good months to have a baby. I just need to distract myself and focus on work and different things before then now.

I'm also wanting to lose almost a stone, so June gives me a nice achievable target for that too :)

Ah see, so many reasons! (Watch you get caught next cycle now :lol:)

Haha yeah - that'll be typical won't it, although we wouldn't be complaining.

We've just talked about it and we're both in agreement that actually June makes so much more sense but we're still disappointed just because we really want to just start. We're just both excited about having a little one, but we're almost there.

At least we're both on the same page (I just hope he doesn't change his mind come summer)

Haha princess that’s so true. Definitely lots of reasons to start June, just think of how much you will enjoy your cruise! Need to get the next week out of the way with hubby being away and eating freezer meals and his parents giving me pizza and Chinese next week ahhh. On it after that though haha always something x

There is always something isn't there, I've been managing just having one bad day a week recently which I'm happy with - got to have my treats. Although February we have a lot more events on and then it isn't long until Easter.

Yeah, June is a much better time for us really - and yes should enjoy the cruise more, although if I get pregnant straight away I may have morning sickness for the cruise as we go in July, but I would cope with that :) It would be nice not worrying about being turned away because I look too far along or anything though.

Could potentially get pregnant on the cruise as well haha, although with a 9 year old and my mum and her partner joining us I doubt it. My mum doesn't think sometimes - I remember last time we were on a cruise telling her about how our son was going to the kids clubs, she was like ''oooh what do you do when he's not with you then?'' then before I answered I think she clicked that maybe we might be going back to the room and she suddenly said ''or do I not want to know''

It was funny because she was right she didn't want to know, but I'd never tell her that I just said no we go to the shows or relax on the deck haha. I can imagine if we have any time to ourselves she'll end up asking what we're doing without thinking, we might have to have a couple of trips back to the cabin because we have a headache or are feeling seasick ;)

Haha how funny of your mum! I would just say I need a nap haha, probably a bit obvious though (but she’d get the point haha), I needed naps on holiday with our DD, wore me out!

Try and keep yourself busy until June, like me haha, any part of the house could do with a lick of paint or the garden need a facelift? Take up a new hobby? Just something to keep you pre occupied until June:):lol:

Haha wedding planning sounds awesome.

To be fair I have loads that should really keep me occupied with work and my uni, plus trying to have a social life too.

We've decided we're going to see Def Leppard with our son in December too now as we didn't want to book tickets before in case we got pregnant straight away

:( can't get tickets - so that's a no go as well

Oh no, that’s pants about the ticket!

Wedding planning does sound fun, what your colour theme? :lol:

Shame it’s fully booked! Disappointing for you.
Colour scheme is rose pink and navy :) x

Oooo that sounds so pretty <3 love it

Yeah shame about the tickets but it's not the end of the world. Need to decide what to do about my car as well as I need to get rid and get a new one really, we can't decide whether to buy an old one and have all the costs or get a lease but then have an extra £150 to pay out each month :/

I&#8217;m going for a lease one personally. I&#8217;ve looked at it a lot in the past 6 months.
Do you subscribe to amazon tickets? Where ticket master have sold out - amazon have some left. Got ed Sheehan tickets that way.

Ooooo I might have a look at that

Husbands car is a lease and he's just swapped it out for another so we're waiting to see what the damage is on the one we've just sent back. We were talking about me getting a lease and him getting an old car but then he saw they had the 5 door mini's on offer and decided to go for one for himself. He keeps saying I can drive that when we get a new (old) car but I doubt it as he refuses to drive my death trap of a car as it is, I think even a newer one will just seem really uncomfortable for him compared to the brand new mini.

We've seen one we like it's just that extra each month (although it does then mean that we don't have the other costs that an older car would bring)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back