3rd Degree Tear and subsequent births

Juzza

Reaction score
Hiya,

Not even preggers again yet but desperately trying! Can't help thinking about the whole birth thing again though. I had made up my mind to have a c-section next time due to the risks of tearing again but recently i've been changing my mind every other day because they say second births are easier and maybe also i'll know what to expect and not be so exhausted or terrified plus c-section is a DEFINITE injury whereas i could be lucky this time.

HELP anyway - really interested to know whether any of you mums to be have experienced 3rd degree tear and had a better second birth or what your plans are for delivery after 3rd degree tear.

Sorry loads of questions just building a case for and against.

Cheers me dears
Juz xxx

i had a 2nd degree tear with my 1st, and needed lots of internal stitches, and external, but when i had my 2nd, as the pushing stage was a lot shorter, i only needed 3 stitches, and it wasnt anywhere near as bad as the 1st time round.

I do think your more prone to tear again if its happened before, but as you dont tend to push as long in subsequent pregnancies its not as bad....

my 2nd baby was 3oz lighter than my 1st, but iirc head circumference was about the same..... which i guess determines whether you will tear or not

i wouldnt have a csec just incase you tear again, chances are it wont be as bad, and also things like position, massage and water birth can reduce the chances of tearing

hth

I tore with my 1st, don't know bad it was cos they never said but i don't think it was that bad cos i only had 6 stitches. With my 2nd i didn't tear at all, not even a graze and her head was 3cms bigger.

Thanx for your replies girlies. There is HOPE!

I'm just paranoid that it'll be worse next time and then i'll be incontinent (poo wise) and will never have sex again - let alone walk/laugh/sneeze!

I suppose they could always fix that later...

Can't wait to hear how you get on this time round - loadsa luck to you both for calm, serene, magical births.

Juz x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back