C-Section mums and breastfeeding

Juzza

Reaction score
Hiya - i had an awful first birth with 3rd degree tear which reopened 5 days post-delivery and decided to stop breastfeeding after a week or so because i couldn't cope with the pain of sitting or even lying and was pretty much emotionally incapable aswell.

Opting for a c-section this time and just wanted to see how many of you managed feeding or what your plans are if you having a c-section - i'm in two minds whether to attempt it and see how it goes or whether to just be selfish and safe my self the disappointment by bottlefeeding immediately.

Any responses appreciated thanks
Juz xxx

i voted on behalf of my sister! :) hope thatso k.

Hiya i have to have a section with this one and desperately want to breastfeed as its sooo good for bubs but i'm also worried about how and when my milk will come through, guess all i can do is try my hardest and use the "rugby ball" position for feeding him :?

I know women who have done it, been very hard going but have sucessfully breastfed there child for over a year :D

i had a section and found it too painful to bf sometimes cos of my scar so OH fed him with bottle, mainly at night tho!
now other than a Sat where he has bottle while im at work he just has me!

Thanks for all your replies so far girlies x

My sister did it you just have to perservere she used the rugby ball hold too. She found her midwives sooooo helpful do use them just pic out the info you want from all the advise lol

I just used a nursing pillow so Logan weight was spread out over the scar. To be honest it didn't bother me that much!

i have exclusively breastfed ellouise from birth after an emegency c sec...

it was uncomfortable at first as i had to bf led on my side due to the scar... i cudnt bf on my right side at first as it hurt to lie on that side but midwifes at hosp were fab and helped me wit findin a comfortable position and i left hosp feedin fom both sides comfortably...

if u are really determined and express this to the midwifes at hosp i cant see a problem so long as they provide you with adequate support...

just persevere if you want to bf as it is sooo worthwhile in the longrun for the initial minimal discomfort....

I am still breasfeeding after c-section but I think I have been very lucky as I didn't have much pain at all and felt totally fine after a week!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back