3pm.....

Amy_J

Reaction score
and lo has got his bcg injection. im literally shitting it. ive made oh take the afternoon off work to come with me....poor baby. i cant bear to hear him in pain!!! just hope it goes smoothly and he doesnt have side effects. oh is against it and in italy then dont do it but apparantly theres been an increase in tb and hv said he already should have had it?!?!
wish me luck!

I didn't think they did that until high school? I got the reaction to the 6 needles and didn't have to have the bcg vaccine, was hoping I would've passed it onto Oscar lol

Wonder if Oz will get offered it? Oh god, I was hoping no more imms til he was 12 months, it's bloody awful isn't it?

I would be taking OH too!

Hope he gets on ok hun xxxxxx

im really worried about it cos i thought it was highschool too. according to the hv beacuse of the area of london where we live, there are lots of different ethnic backgrounds and theres been a rise in tb cases (apparently) so he has to have it done like "all the babies in this area"?!?! id initally thought they were over until 12 months.... im a bit freaked out about it now! omg? im gunna google it and see what they say....oh is really against it.....

just found this on the nhs website...

Who should have the vaccine?

The BCG vaccine is not given as part of the routine childhood vaccination schedule unless a baby is thought to have an increased risk of coming into contact with TB.
For example, all babies born in some areas of inner-city London (where TB rates are higher than in the rest of the country) should be offered the BCG vaccination.

I just checked the red book and it says 'some babies will need Hepatits B and/or BCG vaccines...'

hmmmm not sure what I would do tbh.

You know you should only do what you think best though coz they do still do it in high schools and obviously that's been ok for years, but if tb is on the rise esp in your area might be worth it. God hope I don't get offered this and told 'it's on the rise...'

Our niece just had hers at high school, surely that's soon eenough?

eeekkkkkkk lol

Sorry I'm not helping am I? lol xxxx

yeah you are helping hun! i have an italian friend here and both her 2 kids who are 3 and 2 have had it, she lives 5mins from where we live... oh god. =( poor baby he's already had one shot of hep b in italy when he was 10 weeks old and here my hv said he wasnt to have it but already the fact that hed had it iykwim cant do him any harm.... i had mine when i was about 3 but thats because i was living in hongkong... oh no im really confused now =/

Oh in that case I would defo let him have it, if there is that much of an increased risk of him getting it defo go for it. It's better to be safe that sorry and it would be better for him to be a bit under the weather for 24 hours or so (probably not even that) than to have tb.

If the risk was pretty low I would leave it til he's older.

That's just what I would do though, I defo wouldn't put him through it for nothing, but it sounds like it would defo be worth it for his protection.

Hope you and LO get on ok hun xxxxxx

Good luck! I didn't know about this jab I though they had it at 13!

Good luck! I didn't know about this jab I though they had it at 13!

so did i! apparantly from what i have been reading, some ares in the uk are classed as "high risk" (sodslaw my area is one of these!) of catching tb so these areas do the vaccine earlier..... =( really dreading it.

You don't get the tb jab in high school any more, it's no wonder is on the increase!! My LO will be having it if it's offered although I don't think it will be as we aren't in a high risk area. I had it when I was a baby as my dad contracted tb before I was born. He had to have most of his left lung removed as a result so tb is one of those diseases that scares the bejesus out of me :shock:

You don't get the tb jab in high school any more, it's no wonder is on the increase!! My LO will be having it if it's offered although I don't think it will be as we aren't in a high risk area. I had it when I was a baby as my dad contracted tb before I was born. He had to have most of his left lung removed as a result so tb is one of those diseases that scares the bejesus out of me :shock:

They still do it here, our niece had hers last week. Wonder why they're not doing it everywhere though?

Where I live both the hep B and TB there are done 2 days after birth to all babies .I am sure your LO wiL be just fine :)

Noa was offered it at birth as demba is from Africa n invade his family would bring it.over, but I said no thanks,

a baby in the postnatal unit in the bed opposite me had pakistani parents and for given it 24 hours after he was born x

thanks ladies! went really well. we did decide to go for it. we spoke to the nurse and asked loads of questions, and definately felt it was the right thing to do. there were some absolutely tiny tiny babies in the waiting room having it done too!!! marley obviously cried but literally for 2 secs..aparantly beacuse it doesnt go deep in the skin it doesnt hurt as much as the other injections! she said he shouldnt get fever etc which he didnt.... he slept all the way home and ate and slept as normal! his arm today is fine, tiny bet red where the needle went in but thats normal! thanks for all replying!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back