I get embarrassed

nori

Reaction score
Hi All,

Is it just me or does anyone else out there get really embarrassed when their baby screams?? I go to a postnatel group every wednesday afternoon and Ollie is a nightmare! All the other babies are quietly sleeping and Ollie is screaming blue murder. It got so bad today the HV offered to take him for a while and ended up wheeling him round the room in his pram!

He usually pretty good but if he doesnt go to sleep in the afternoon he gets over tired and screams the place down. Im thinking of staying in in the afternoons from now on.. :(

Claire x

I did for the first few months but I don't anymore. I've been shopping all day today and Connie was screaming for about 30 minutes in her pram. She does this EVERYDAY at 3pm as she's tired and won't go to sleep so I know there is nothing wrong with her and just leave her as if I pick her up it keeps her awake. I got a few pitying smiles from some other women in a shop and I just laughed and said that she's tired and won't give in and they said they remembered when they had babies.

I still do and DS is 14 months old.

I'm not as bad as I used to be but I do still feel that everyone is staring and thinking I'm a bad mum.

It could just be that Adam has always been a baby that cries a lot and the constant crying gets me down sometimes, especially now that he has started having tantrums.

I don't get embarrased but I do hate the looks that people give me.

I generally find Molly crying in public funny cos she's so loud but other people don't see the funny side :roll:

Yeah I hate it too especially when she is now 'old enough to know better' according to some looks and comments :) I stopped going places for a while when I knew that she would be too tired because it just made it easier to deal with. Even now I make sure we are home well before bedtime/naptimes so she doesn't crash while we are out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back