36 years old and considering a 3rd baby

Kimmie642

Reaction score
Hello all,

I wondered your thoughts on having a baby later in life. I'm 36 years old, i have an 11 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. They are growing up so fast. Me and my husband are considering a third. We've been together 20 years. What would you say are the pros and cons of having a pregnancy in your late 30s? I had my other two in my mid to late 20s. We really miss our first two as babies but being older means when the 3rd is 20, i would be nearly 60. Life is short. Is there anyone out there who's had a child later in life? Thank you for reading this.

Thanks
Kimmie642

Hello all,

I wondered your thoughts on having a baby later in life. I'm 36 years old, i have an 11 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. They are growing up so fast. Me and my husband are considering a third. We've been together 20 years. What would you say are the pros and cons of having a pregnancy in your late 30s? I had my other two in my mid to late 20s. We really miss our first two as babies but being older means when the 3rd is 20, i would be nearly 60. Life is short. Is there anyone out there who's had a child later in life? Thank you for reading this.

Thanks
Kimmie642

I haven’t….but I’m the oldest of 9, and there is just about a 20 year age gap between me and the youngest. I think my mom was 42/43 on the last one. Guess that’s not really advice, but couldn’t imagine it any other way in our fam. :) The last two were born when I was in college, and I’m still pretty close with them.

Hi, thank you for your response. Wow!! How interesting. I guess it doesn't matter when they are born it just depends on the family unit. Its wonderful to hear how close you all are. Its been in our thoughts alot. I finally spoke to my daughter about it yesterday but she doesnt want another sibling & is worried the baby would be closer to her brother than her. Plus there are other factors to it, we'd have to change a bathroom to a bedroom, i suffer with Gerd (my husband with crohns) and i know being pregnant would aggravate it . It would be wonderful to have tiny feet around the house but everything else has to be considered. Weve been blessed with one of each. I appreciate your time. I wish you and your family lots of happiness. Thanks again

Personally I really wouldn't consider 36 too old to be considering having a baby! I was a couple of months off turning 36 having our second and are now trying for our third at 38/39! A bigger consideration for us is the age gap between our children! This is our 20th cycle of trying for our third, having experienced 2 early losses in that time and the more time that's going on the more concern I've got as to whether this will still be right for our family! If we don't conceive before Christmas the baby will be starting school when our eldest goes to high school which just seems like a big age gap in terms of them being able to relate when younger and a long time of being focused on raising young children, I'd very much like some quality time with my husband once the children are grown :wink:

My only word of advice would be not to take it for granted that conceiving will be as easy now as it was in your 20s, age depreciating infertility is a bitch :doh:xx

36 is good numbers to get pregnant again. I know ladies who got pregnant at 40 and even 45 and are haing a happy family now. For me personally, 50+ is advanced maternal age. Younger than that is perfect numbers.

Hiya I’m 41 and have 7 kids and really thinking about another before it’s to late and can not have no more and I’m in the same boat so I at the age of 41 so you are not alone xxx

I had my 1st baby age 35 and that was via ivf after 10 years ttc. I did another ivf round age 38 in Alril and it failed and about to start my last round age 39 this month. I don't feel old - I think age is a very personal thing and everyone feels differently- its about what's right for you and no one else. Age really is just number !

I had my 1st baby age 35 and that was via ivf after 10 years ttc. I did another ivf round age 38 in Alril and it failed and about to start my last round age 39 this month. I don't feel old - I think age is a very personal thing and everyone feels differently- its about what's right for you and no one else. Age really is just number !
Thank you so much for your words it has helped me decide and your right age is just a number if you are fit and well then why not and I wish u all the good vibes that your ivf works first time xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back