36 week appt

pinkyprincess

Reaction score
What should I expect!

I know we should be doing my birth plan.

I'm going to be 37 weeks 4 at my appt, can I request a sweep?

Will I be having an internal anyway?

As far as i'm aware they don't routinely do an internal but i'm not sure. At my 36wk appt i requested a sweep and they agreed to do it at 38wks. If you don't ask you dont get chick!!

Our mw's don't do sweeps til after due date, only the consultant is allowed. Everywhere is different tho x

At my appt they didn't mention the birth plan or anything, just checked heartbeat and BP as normal, ask tho for both Hun xx

I was MEANT to do my birth plan at 34 weeks, but because I had a growth scan at the hospital my midwife said that she'll skip my 34 week appt and just do my plan at 36 weeks.

Well that's good, Iv put mine in my notes as my mw didn't mention it at all :roll: xx

Our mw's don't do sweeps til after due date, only the consultant is allowed. Everywhere is different tho x

Oh yeah, i didn't think of that as i don't see mw's anymore just consultants. So, maybe that's why i'm getting one.

Mine was today - just the standard bp, urine, measurement and heartbeat check. No mention of birth plan etc.

Just the norm. I asked about sweep at 36wk and she said not until 7 days over. Then at my 38 el appt I asked again and she said she'll try one at 40 + 3. She said there's no point doing one early really as with 1st babies cervix is normally to high etc until you're overdue making the whole experience unnecessary. As far as I know there are no internals until sweep or labour! :eek:)

mine was more or less normal.... bp, urine, baby heartbeat. Also checked my bump and felt if baby was engaged. Other than that she just went thru a couple of extra sections of my noites and made sure I had my bag ready and transport to hand

Mine haven't done a birth plan or an internal. And they don't do sweeps until after the due date. I suppose it depends on different areas hun x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back