38 Week MW Appt

dannii87

Reaction score
Had my MW appointment this afternoon. It was good AND bad! Had a new MW as my usual one is on holiday so..

..Evie is FINALLY engaged!! :cheer: AND, she's turned!! :cheer: (Slightly :think: ) she's facing my left so she's not back to back which is great, but not facing my back either so there is still a chance she could move back to being back to back again.

I was waiting 45 minutes for my appointment and she took AAAAAGES to do my BP (which was fine) and my urine sample :roll: Delaying all the other pregnant ladies even more!

She prodded around REALLY hard (I honestly have a couple of tiny bruises around my belly where she poked sooo hard). I kept saying "ouch!" "oooh!" every time and she didn't get the hint! She even poked the doppler hard into my tummy too :( Evie started going mental kicking all over the place (to me, that was a sign she was being disturbed and uncomfortable) which also made me sad :(

I asked her about inductions etc and she said "whoa lady! You've still got 2 weeks til you're due!" as if I was asking what would happen to me and baby NEXT YEAR!! She did explain, but didn't go into much detail or anything. Made me feel really awkward for asking.

Silly moo...

She really wound me up and I couldn't get out of there quick enough! xx

Yay well done Evie :cheer: I always though that LOs should be slightly to the side as they need to go down the birth canal at an angle. Although perhaps I am dreaming that :think:

I got poked really hard today as the midwife was checking to see if he was engaged - she did apologise and was nice about it but Oscar didn't seem to like it much either!

Glad everything is going ok but how rude of your midwife not to answer your questions about what would happen if you went overdue - that is what they are there for :roll:

Hope you get a better midwife next appointment :hug:

Hope she continues to move into the best position for you :hug: :hug: :hug:
I remember the MW's checking Isaac's position when I was in labour, that hurt more than the contractions, they don't half push down :shock:

Very best wishes Dannii, won't be much longer now and you can forget all about the MW :) :hug: :hug: :hug:

OOOh glad she's finally moving in the right direction!! :cheer:

well if you do go overdue.............Ill be YOUR inducer!!!!! :lol: xx

Hmm if she is facing your left, does that mean her back is facing outward to the right? If so thats fine for labour :) So is her back facing out from the left. Both are good :)

And I'd not worry about inductions for now. Trust your body and let it happen. If you go overdue it'll be a bridge to cross then. You'll see someone about it all anyways should you go that far over. They explain all then :)

Yah to Evie turning, naughty little mite worrying mummy like that!!

:hug:

Hiya Dannii,

Sorry to hear about the awful appointment. Crikey, I can remember asking about induction way back into my pregnancy, you've got every right to ask, what a moo!!!

I think Ruby was at a slightly funny angle a couple of weeks before she was born (over to the right I think) which one mw said could have been the reason why I was having those funny lengthy tightenings and start stop contractions (body trying to move baby into perfect position).

It won't be long now, and hopefully you won't go too far overdue.

All the best, am waiting to read about the birth of Evie.

Yay to Evie being finally engaged! :cheer: :cheer:
Glad all is well, sorry she was rough with you though hun :hug: Some M/W's aren't the most gentlest of people!

Yay to Evie for moving round, well done LO :cheer:

Xxx

Ahhh glad Evie is in the right place now darlin but sorry that the midwife was a cow :hug:
Loadsa Love Sarah xxx

I was 'yay' when I saw your usual MW was away, but didn't expect the appointment to have been just as bad! :(

Great news she's engaged though, did she say by how much?

NickyB said:
Great news she's engaged though, did she say by how much?
:think: Hmmm... No she didn't! It's not written anywhere on my notes either, just says "engaged" :think: Oh no!! What if she's only a tiny bit engaged and comes back out again?!

LOL - That excitement was long lived! :lol: :roll: xx

Glad shes starting to get into a better position for you :D

Glad Evie has shifted position! I can't believe you are 38 weeks! So exciting :cheer:

Sorry you had a rubbish MW...she sounds like my normal MW though!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

glad to hear Evie is engaged...hopefully it won't be too long before she's making an appearance

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back