30 week scan?

Rosie1

Reaction score
sorry if i make myself sound really thick now....but is it usual practice to have a scan at 30 weeks?

Its just i have read a few posts mentioning a 30 scan, and i was wondering if everyone gets one?! I only thought i got one at 12 weeks and 20 weeks (both of which i've had).

I am in the Taunton and Somerset PCT, i don't know if that makes any difference?

I really hope i do get another one!

I don't think people generally get one unless there is something they want to check again i.e. placenta covering the cervix etc.
I know I don't get another one (though my OH bought be a 4D one so I souldn't complain).
As far as I know it's not general practise.

xxxxxxx :hug:

I think normally you get a 12 and 20 week scan on nhs, some hospitals only allow one scan, depending on the area. some people get later scans for medical/growth reasons i think, also some people have a private scan later on 3d/4d etc as i am thinking of booking one for 30 weeks.
hope this helps

No, its not normal practice to have a 30 week scan. 12 weeks and 20 weeks are the standard ones. You'd only be having further scans if you were being monitored for something in particular.

I had a 30 week scan because baby has renal pelvis dilation. If everything is fine with baby you won't have a 30 week scan on the NHS.

Hiya Rosie,

Not you don't as a rule. I'm at Taunton also and the only reason I am having another scan at 34 weeks is because I want a home birth. They want to check size of baby (measures a bit big atm already) etc and for the consultant to sign me off as all ok for my homebirth.

There tend to be no more scans after the 20 week one unless there is a good reason for it medically.

So don't panic, your not missing out :)

I only had 30 week and 32 week because of a low lying placenta. Normally it's just 12 and 20.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back