4D Scan??

zoe82

Reaction score
Have been toying with the idea of having a 4D scan done at around 30 weeks, just wondering if anyone has had one or thinking of having one and if they think it's worth the money?
Have looked into it and can get it done very close to where I live for 100 pounds (pound sign doesn't work!), which I don't think is too bad as was quoted more in Bournemouth. I think seeing our baby the other day at the 20 week scan makes me want to see more!:lol:

I am having a 4d at 20wks eeek! after my nhs 20wk scan i am booking in " baby bond" for a 4d scan £125 loads of pictures or it's £140 ( i think ) for a dvd too :) I think £100 is well worth it & i have seen the 4d's before i have friends who had them done & there awsome. 1 of my friends who is due in 8wks has a good one of her baby " yawing" so cute. I just hope when i get one done its a good pic. xx

I'm surprised it is so cheap really as its a bit of a posh private hospital, so may have to do it! When are you 20 weeks? It's the impatient part of me wanting to see her again I think!:)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

We have one booked for when I'm 27+3, only 3 weeks to go, eek! I can't wait! I definitely think they are worth the money x

Ah sod it, I'll get it booked, got a little bonus coming in next months wages, so might as well! Look forward to seeing your pics x:)

I had one at 30 weeks, my DH and father loved it

I've got one later today. I would say they are deffo worth the money xx

I'm not 20wks till 4wks time :) i was like that whether to get one done at 20wk or hang on & have it done that bit later. I have had a private scan at baby bond before & they recommend from 20wks up so i am going that bit earlier "impatient" lol. I want to stay team yellow so i really hope it dont spoil the gender for us. I am going to tell the lady if she can keep away from the gender bits lol - do you think thats possible ? I suppose she can focus on babys face - thats what i want to picture of babys face :) x

Aww love your 4d pic steffy. So cute x

Last edited:
i would love one but think id also like just one surprise x

Mine is booked for 11 March and I can't wait, nervous though as hope we can get good view of baby. My 4d scan with my son was perfect, had excess fluid so made picture so clear, only benefit really to the fluid really lol We pay for the cheapest, £75 for a 10 min dvd!

That was my only doubt on it Loula, as I've found out the sex, and am thinking am I ruining all the surprises before she's here?! I am impatient though, so no doubt I'll do it anyway!

I'm not 20wks till 4wks time :) i was like that whether to get one done at 20wk or hang on & have it done that bit later. I have had a private scan at baby bond before & they recommend from 20wks up so i am going that bit earlier "impatient" lol. I want to stay team yellow so i really hope it dont spoil the gender for us. I am going to tell the lady if she can keep away from the gender bits lol - do you think thats possible ? I suppose she can focus on babys face - thats what i want to picture of babys face :) x

Aww love your 4d pic steffy. So cute x

I would wait hun - so much clearer when you are further along, had one at 27 weeks but she was hiding, rebooked for 30 weeks and look : :) (sorry to everyone who is sick of seeing them lol ;) ) She had her eyes open lots which you wont get around 20 weeks, so nice to see you so far along Star :D xx

Attachments

• eyes wide open.jpg
    eyes wide open.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 20
  • rebecca_10.jpg
    rebecca_10.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 23
  • rebecca_11.jpg
    rebecca_11.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 23
Oh those pics are brilliant, back to thinking I should book it again now! Can't believe how much you can see :D

would wait hun - so much clearer when you are further along, had one at 27 weeks but she was hiding, rebooked for 30 weeks and look : :smile: (sorry to everyone who is sick of seeing them lol :wink: ) She had her eyes open lots which you wont get around 20 weeks, so nice to see you so far along Star :D xx

Becciboo your pictures are fab! I think i will leave mine then till 30wks. I am so impatient but if i am going to get a better picture - pictures like your's then it's so worth sticking it out that bit longer.

Thanks hun it's like a dream i expect to wake up & it be a dream lol. Just never thought i would come this far after what i had been through before. I still have to continue with a lot of medication (infusions) every 6wks to lower my immune system etc but it's so worth it :) x

I was thinking about having one at 30wks, OH thinks its a waste of money though. It's £100 ish here. Has everyone who's had one known what team they're on ? We've decided to stay team yellow now and wander if having a 4d would give it away? x

Awww thanks Star - ill be keeping everything crossed for you :)

We wouldnt have known the sex if we hdnt asked hun, just tell her not to show in between the legs, and look away when she measures if you need to, ours was 204.00 (package with dvd and photo album lol) but was paid for by oh for my bday pressie and he loved it :) xx

Last edited:
Wow!! those pictures are amazing! I'd love to have a 4D scan, but part of me would like to wait and see what Pickle looks like when he arrives.

But seeing your pictures has now made me want one xx

I was thinking about having one at 30wks, OH thinks its a waste of money though. It's £100 ish here. Has everyone who's had one known what team they're on ? We've decided to stay team yellow now and wander if having a 4d would give it away? x

We are team yellow and have our 4d scan booked for 28 weeks. I know others that have had them and stayed team yellow :) xx

We are team yellow and have our 4d scan booked for 28 weeks. I know others that have had them and stayed team yellow :) xx

ah really, maybe we could still go for it then if I can convince the OH lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back